GUN concealed carry advice

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by bpa00, Feb 10, 2009.

1. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

I just completed my required concealed carry class this weekend, and will be getting my permit to carry a concealed weapon in the state of kansas w/in the next month or two.

During the class, they really gave us a lot of great information on the mindset to have (always be aware of your surroundings and have a plan if shit suddenly hits the fan) and the legal ramifications of what constitutes a "good shoot". What they didn't go into was a lot of tactical advice on more specific situations you might find yourself in (car jacking, robbery, etc).

I know that every situation is different, but are there any good books and/or online resources where qualified people discuss how best to handle different situations?? Something that I can use to help formulate my own plan of attack should I need to draw my concealed gun to take out a bad guy??

They mentioned www.usconcealedcarry.com as a good resource. It is kind of pricey though. Is this web site worth the money?? Are there better ones out there??

2. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

You're going to need a real fighting class to learn that stuff.

3. Bobalu

Bobalu New Member

where i took my class they offer a more advanced class for concealed carriers & police, but it was around $150 for one day but it seemed to be beneficial so i'm assuming the place where you took yours doesn't offer an advanced class

4. Tom93R1

Tom93R1 Member

My local range offers a training simulation called range2000.Its like a big video game where they put you in different scenarios and you have a plastic laser gun you get to point at the screen and yell at the bad guy. After each scenario you discuss with the instructor what you did well, not so well, possible outcomes, etc. It's pretty cool and you can go with a bunch of friends to help reduce cost.

5. Admitted

Admitted I shouldn't be on OT right now.

I did that with the Local PD here. They had a cannon in the middle with a guy in the back aiming it. If you fucked up and the animation went it to "fire mode" then they dude pelted you with these hard plastic balls. I went with a rookie and he got pelted on the head. Everyone at the station had to do it, and when he came back with a goose egg on his noggin, they all knew he fucked up.:o good time were had.

6. Do you know the name of the system manufacturer? Was it like this one?
    http://www.ais-sim.com/training_products/training_products_prisim.htm

My dad did a lot of advertising work for them in the late 90's. I got to play on their big system at their corporate HQ. It was fuckin sweet, though they didn't shoot back at me with the urethane balls.

7. Admitted

Admitted I shouldn't be on OT right now.

Looked like the one in the first photo. It came with an RV hauling it. It had 2 cover sports.