COMIC Conan!!!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by armond, Aug 20, 2006.

1. armond

armond New Member

Did some searching, and found some great looking Conan comics. Not sure how many here are fans of this Cimmerian bad ass, but I know I have always been, especially after watching the not so great acting of Schwarzenneger in Conan the Barbarian. The movie still rocked! :bigthumb:

Anyway, the comics introduced at end of 04 to beginning of 05 from Darkhorse looks awesome! I just put in an order of about 20 issues(backissues of course) starting with number 0 and continuing till #24. 4 of the issues were not available for purchase, #1, 2, 10, and 11 to be exact. But I will be searching for these! I also added a few other items, like a separate Conan series, a series of 4, missing one of them though.

So I am totally anticipating the arrival! :noes:

The price, a mere 37 dollars, this included shipping! They have some kind of promotion saying that if you buy more than 35 dollars worth of backissue stuff, you get free UPS ground shipping. I know I have to wait like a week to a week and a half, but I save about 12-15 dollars by using this method, and was able to afford those extras!!! :cool:

Anyone else into Conan, or ever was?!

2. Bobbot

Bobbot Safer than a Doombot!

I remember reading a few Conan comics when I was a kid. But I shouldn't have :mamoru: titties!!

I had no idea what the stories were about though. I watched a cartoon as a kid a long time ago too. Heck, I hardly have an idea what century it takes place it. If you had to ask me about Conan, all I could say is "he has a big sword and has something to do with Crom."

3. Griffon

Griffon comic nerd extraordinaire

Those Darkhorse Conan comics are awesome, definitely one of the better comics out now. :bowdown:

4. armond

armond New Member

It is set in a fantasy realm that is called the Hyborean Age I think. Great stuff in my opinion. You really have to read a book or two to understand the type of world it is, the comic might just do it.

So Griffon you have the Darkhorse ones? If so which ones?

Titties are not so present in the Darkhorse comics as they are in the original type of comics they had for Conan. Very good comics from what I see.

Conan is not a superhero necessarily, more like an extraordinary man. He has no special powers, and is a product of his environment. Hand to hand master, melee master, tactition, lover of women, and a rather smart-assed servant of Crom.

God I can't wait for my stuff to come in the mail!

5. Griffon

Griffon comic nerd extraordinaire

I don't actually own any, but I have CBR's of 0-30 and the 4 mini series'. :hs:

6. Shinigami

Shinigami New Member

I have the first ep of the cartoon series :mamoru:

CONAN !!!

7. Vormulac

Vormulac The Greek