computer won't start properly

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by pepsi, Dec 30, 2004.

1. pepsi

pepsi Cut my life into pieces

i goot millenium, it flashes my start bar, then nothing. just my background. ctrl-alt-del show that all thats running is delvsomething and nprotect. tried in safe mode, samethingexcept nothing was running now. i jusst came back from outwest and this is the condition i find my computer in. and i don't know where my me disk and other stuff is anymore. any suggestions

2. MacAlert

MacAlert Maxima driver OT Supporter

Step 1. Ditch windows ME

3. Aimless

Aimless Resident drunkey

Yes, Windows ME is a horrible OS. Telling him that is not going to fix his PC though.

4. pepsi

:) speaks the truth, gotta get it started before i can ditch it. I'm on vacation, but it looks like i'm gonna have to take it with me to fix it.

5. Dominion

Dominion I believe you have my stapler.

Seriously...if you can, drop you're current HD, and get a new one. Install 98 SE (If you can support it I highly recommend going to 2k or xp...) then put the old drive back in as a secondary, pull the data from it. Format the old drive and now you have a stable system AND you have a second storage HD.

Don't mean to sound like a smart ass or anyhting, I'm not too familiar with windows, but that just sounds like one of the Myriad of problems with ME

6. Rbstr

Rbstr Guest

it sounds like Explorer is quiting right after startup, why it stops and why it does't automaticaly come back up liek it should i don't know.

i can't remember if ME has the option but get your ME CD out set your CD-Rom to boot and see if you can do a repair instal, that fixes alot of windows problems without having to reformat, or go to extreme measures.

Realy get an XP upgrade it's only like $100, it will save you so much hassle man ME was craptastic, also you don't need to get to windows you can just boot from the disk.

7. pepsi

thats sounds like a plan, i'll check it out. thanks

8. pepsi

I wish staples listened to you. they want $300 for xp home..

Also i was looking for a way without the disk, cause right now i don't have mine and don't have the time to look for it. :sadwavey:

9. Dominion

Dominion I believe you have my stapler.

Go on and get pro if it's that much. it's only 400 here at the local Best Buy

10. Rbstr

Rbstr Guest