Computer Will Not Get Past the XP Professional Loading Screen

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by PhateX1337, Jul 8, 2005.

1. PhateX1337

PhateX1337 Guest

Hey guys,
    I am posting about a problem my friend has with his computer. He currently has an Athlon XP 2400+ on an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe with 2x512MB of Samsung DDR333, an X800 Pro 8x AGP and a 550W Enermax Powersupply. He is in the process of building his new computer but some stuff must be RMAd so he is using this computer for now. We know for a fact that all the parts work (or so I think) but the problem is as follows: When he boots the computer up, it posts to the XP Professional loading screen (Blue dots rolling across the screen) and just stays there forever. He tried to resintall windows and boot from the CD, but when it says "Setup is now starting Windows" on the bottom of the screen during the install, it also just sits there. My only thoughts were that it could be the combination of RAM (He had old and new RAM - both the same speed - in the system but he just tried it with the original old RAM that the computer used to work fine with and no luck) or the X800 Pro Choking the rest of the computer. I myself have never seen the signs of a choking so I would not know what is happening. Anyone have any suggestions of what to try? I'm lost at this point.

Thanks again for all the help,
  2. col_panic

col_panic calm like a bomb Moderator

Sep 19, 2003
    run memtest overnight