Computer turn tables

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by WebWorks, Nov 12, 2005.

1. WebWorks

WebWorks New Member

Does anyone have any experience with turn tables you buy, that comes with software for computers? You get this turn table for DJs and you connect it to your computer, and I guess you install a program so you could mess with music on your computer. I was just wondering how close this is to a real DJ turn table, how much I would have to spend, and if it is worth the buy. I am not really sure what any programs are called, and it was just a spontaneous idea. Could anyone help me out?:hsd:

2. nufu

nufu New Member

err,

finalscratch.com

but if you just want pc mixing software, have a look at traktor dj studio.

3. caribou

caribou New Member

final scratch/scratchlive only if you know how to DJ already and already have turntables and a mixer. if you just want to be able to mix the songs on your comp automatically, there are a bunch of programs for that.

4. WebWorks

WebWorks New Member

yea, i was wondering about these programs. And I think there was a turntable you can buy. It's not really professional DJ stuff, just something to play with. Do you know any of these programs?:x:

5. caribou

caribou New Member

hey WebWorks, the programs i mentioned work with any turntable. They're more geared towards the professional DJ, or at least the type of DJ who can already match beats and mix, etc. I say this only because if you dont already know how to DJ, these programs wont help you at all. But if you do DJ already, they will definitely help you work more efficiently. as far as i know these more complex programs (there are only two, ScratchLive and FinalScratch) are the only ones that work in conjunction with a turntable.

as far as more basic programs, they dont work in conjunction with turntables. It's all done via computer. These more basic programs do things like automatically mix the songs you choose from your computer's song library.

keep asking questions though, i love answering them!