Computer start up, loading really slow ever since I moved...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by awwhhdayum, Jul 28, 2005.

1. awwhhdayum

awwhhdayum eh?

Moved to a new apartment, after plugging everything in, computer wouldn't turn on. Later found out that the power supply some how got messed up. After replacing the harddrive, computer start up is extremely slow, getting from beginning screen then into windows. Can't seem to find what the problem is. Anybody got any suggestions? opinions?

also what would be a good place to read up about computer cases, and water cooling systems. :wavey:

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

take this lightly : If you had to ask the question you initially mentioned... then you have no business even looking at water cooling setups.

As to your question... it is quite confusing. Where does the power supply come into play? Is it screwey? Did you replace it?

3. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

:mamoru: everywhere jollyogre is his response is always very entertaining. what a troll.

just curious, you said you found out the PS is screwed, and then u replaced the hard drive? so is that saying that the hard drive got screwed because of the PS? and i assume you bought a new PS along with a hard drive? im sorry it just sounded like you founded the PS is screwed and as a result of that you changed the hard drive, which doesnt make sense...

4. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

I've had this happen before. More than likely, something got knocked loose when you moved the computer and now it has a crappy connection to the motherboard, and the computer is taking a long time to start because it's trying to talk to the device and it can't do it properly.

Gut the whole computer (except for pulling the CPU off the motherboard) and put it all back together again. Make sure to tighten all the screws well, but not so much you crush the circuit boards.

Also make sure to touch a piece of metal NOT attached to the computer from time to time, to make sure you don't zap anything important. It is summer, so static isn't really a problem, but it can't hurt to be safe, though.