Computer Security Major

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by rebel, Apr 30, 2005.

1. rebel

rebel Manchester United > All

I want to get real big into Computer Security. Playing more of a grayhat role. What are some good books/certs/sites? More importantly what are the best colleges/degrees I could major in? Preferably in texas.

2. 01000101

01000101 New Member

my school at least has just put together a computer security degree. check the course offerings at ut for fall, maybe call up one of the counselors and see if theres something in the works. other than that, assuming you already know all the A+ type stuff, take some classes about server 2003, see if theres any network+ exam prep courses, and learn the *nix side of security as well.

3. rebel

rebel Manchester United > All

I currently have my A+ and will have my CCNA in about 4-5 weeks. So I have a fairly good knowledge of networks and I plan to get my CCNP in the future. I'd like to know a good college in texas to go to for Information Assurance, Computer Security whatever you want to call it to major in. Also, what books I should be reading, certifications I should be going for etc. I want to be a very good grayhat.