Computer Problem

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by wytefyre, Jun 16, 2005.

1. wytefyre

wytefyre New Member

So I built my own computer, and after finding out I had bad RAM, and getting replacements from the manufacturer I'm still having problems. I think it's my motherboard, but I'd like a second opinion.

When trying to install Windows, I get an error message about being unable to load ntkrnlmp.exe with an error code of 4. That's if I can get into Windows installer. Usually, I end up getting a CMOS error or an error saying that it's improperly overclocked (which I don't even know how to do). Should I bitch to Asus?

Thanks for the help!

Edit: Never mind. If I remove the heatsink, will I have to get more thermal stuff to put between the processor and heatsink, even if it's all still there?

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

you are not qualified to build a system. Take it to someone that is.

3. wytefyre

wytefyre New Member

Look, it's my first time, I'm bound to make mistakes. Could you just please help me?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2005
  4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

i did help you... the easiest and most reliabe way to fix your computer is to remove the problem (you) and take it to someone that knows what they're doing.

I tried to be nice about it, but you're not taking the hint... So I'll just say it...

5. wytefyre

wytefyre New Member

Look, fuck you. It's not like building a computer requires some sort of elite knowledge that most people don't have. I mean, you follow the instructions, and it should work. Well, it's not, so I'm asking for help from people who I would think would know might be wrong, ie a forum about computers.

Does someone know if I should just go ahead and try for a warranty exchange with Asus?

6. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Look, bro. I do this for a *living*. I'm a professional. I see it all-day, every-day. You can say that it should be "easy" or that it doesn't require some "elite" knowledge, all you want. The fact remains that every day I get a new story to tell about some fuckstick dumbass. Seriously. Any day of the week, ask me about my day, and I'll have at least one story for ya. Ever see Blue Collar Comedy Tour? Yea, well, lets just say "Here's your sign" is something that I can use daily.

Here's another term for you : PEBCAK. It means Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard.

Can you fix the problem? Probably. Will it be ultimately easier, cheaper, and FASTER to have someone else do it? Hell yes.

Asus RMA takes 2-6 weeks, btw. Having someone like me fix it takes maybe 15-20 minutes.

7. wytefyre

wytefyre New Member

Ok, first to jollyogre: Assuming you're actually a professional, I'm sorry, I didn't know. I've just been really pissed at this thing since I haven't gotten it to boot, yet. However, I am fully aware of what I am/was doing at the time, and was talking with 3 friends online who had all done this sort of thing before, and I have some experience myself with working with miscellaneous computer hardware. I wouldn't even attempt this sort of thing without some knowledge beforehand.

Clean97GTI: I'll try that first thing in the morning. I was contemplating calling up their tech support anyways, but I'll try to boot outside of the case first. Something tells me the mobo itself is boned, but I'll mess with it some more. Thanks!