Computer Power Problem

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by EffBeeEye, Jun 4, 2005.

1. EffBeeEye

EffBeeEye New Member

Well I have a HP Pavilion ze5200 notebook thats about 2 years old and the other day I dropped it right where the power cord connects to the computer. When this happened, the inside part where the power cord plugs into must have snapped off cause I can hear it jiggling around in there. I called HP and they said that this piece is part of the motherboard, thus the entire motherboard would need to be replaced for like $657. The other option is to buy a docking station for $150. The thing is, I'm going to get a new computer in a couple months for college, however, I have so many important things on this computer I need to get off. The comp turns on fine, but only runs on battery because it cannot charge. My question is do docking stations have new power ports on them?? The HP guy didnt even know- because if they dont, im stuck with the same problem. Also is there anyway for a computer repair guy to just solder on a new port? I hear that the flimsy interior power ports are a common problem on HPs and Compaqs, just wondering if anyone has experienced this or has any advice.

Thanks a lot

2. stoliohranj

stoliohranj beautiful fucking tits man

its possible to be re-soldered assuming you just broke the plug off the board. it would be tricky, and only someone experienced should attempt.

3. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

Being that its out of warranty, I'd take it somewhere and see if it can be repaired.
    There are also laptop exchange places around. You might be able to do a trade + some money and get a newer one.

At any rate, x-fer all the data from teh notebook drive to a desktop before you lose something. Dropping notebooks is seldom a good thing and there may be more damage that you aren't aware of.