Computer is slowing down

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by shankems2000, Jan 17, 2006.

1. shankems2000

shankems2000 If you read everybody's user text and location, yo

I had an application and support cd which was supposed to be used to restore everything to it's factory settings so that I could speed my system back up, but I lost it, and ordered another one that the cd drive just wouldn't read. Yes, I switched the priority boot to cd-rom in the bios and it still didn't work (and no refunds on it either).

Anyway, I let my friend borrow my xp disc and he installed it and everything but when it asked for him to put in the product key, even though he typed in the correct one, it still said incorrect key entered, and I'm not sure I want to risk doing that to my computer and have xp screw me over too.

Do you think that it just says it's an incorrect product key because the windows xp disc was made specifically for my pc, in other words, the product key won't work on any other computers? If that isn't the case, is there anyway around this, because my computer has slowed down from all its' years of use. I apologize if it's a stupid question but I'm not computer savvy enough to know this stuff.

Thx

2. AeroSquid

AeroSquid New Member