Computer Help!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by CaliJo, Oct 21, 2005.

1. CaliJo

CaliJo New Member

My computer is making some weird noises while i'm on it sounding sort of like a dvd player loading a dvd, i think it may be my Hard Drive.
    Sometimes when loading it pauses on that primary *something* part :dunno: then say none & then Boot DIsk Failure
    I'm thinkin it's my hardrives & it still works sometimes letting me play Counter Strike (which i only use it for besides OT)
    I want to backup all my pictures & music on the D drive but get errors or long read times & the same noise again.
    What can I do to retrieve this data befor fixing the hard drives (I tried to upload photos to Yahoo, but get lagged), because I don't mind rebooting the OS later??

2. col_panic

col_panic calm like a bomb Moderator

hard drive is on its way out. keep trying to backup. if your hard drive fails completely, take it out of the pc and stick it in the freezer for 15 minutes. then see if it will spin up again. good luck - now is the most frustrating time to need a backup

3. G-n-P

G-n-P New Member

are you serious about the freezer thing? its not one of those"just pee on it" things?

if so thats cool I never heard of it.:bowdown:

4. CaliJo

CaliJo New Member

i can only backup some of the pictures because it stalls or freezes on some :(
    I wonder if data recovery ppl can get em