Computer having problems

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by SlimCutta M.D., Oct 3, 2003.

1. SlimCutta M.D.

SlimCutta M.D. Sound of Revenge-10/25/05

We just bought a new computer...then got dsl for it...then I installed Kazaa and thats when shit started happening...there will all of a sudden be a pop up that says error or something by NTAUTHORITY\SYSTEM, then proceed to give me a minute to save files...after the minute is up, it will restart...oh yeah, in hte pop up, it says smething about Remote Procedure Call...any help would be appreciated

2. D3aC0n

D3aC0n Vesa ToskaLOL OT Supporter

3. IDAFC21

IDAFC21 New Member

congratulations. you have just recieved the MS Blaster worm. Somthing im sure is going to hit me AGAIN after im thru reformatting my hard drive AGAIN. but this time i'll have all the cleanup files on hand

4. Mugatu

Mugatu Ask me about market research. OT Supporter

just reformat and reinstall everything but DO NOT connect to the internet until you enable XP's firewall

when you do connect to the internet, go to the windows update site and keep running it until you have all updates then get an anti-virus program, a better firewall, and anti-adware/spywar programs

5. SlimCutta M.D.

thanks, yeah it's a blaster worm pos, fuck...it's pissing me off mostly cuz we just got this computer...by the way, how do i reformat my hard drive, I've never had to do it before?

6. Mugatu

Mugatu Ask me about market research. OT Supporter

Did your PC come with a windows CD? I know some dont, in which case you might have problems reinstalling.

If you do, just pop it into your CD drive and reboot (you might have to set the BIOS to boot from CD) and windows installation program will let you reformat the drive as one of the steps.

When you do this, you will lose ALL information so backup your documents, etc. before hand

7. SlimCutta M.D.

ok thanks for all the replies, i got it deleted, i think...i ran a worm deleter, then installed a patch, and I did a virus scan and it said no virus is present

8. IDAFC21

IDAFC21 New Member

yeah, theres a program you can download that should take care of the worm w/out having to reformat. thats what i did