COMIC Computer guys. I need your help PLEASE

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Icecleric, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Icecleric

Icecleric OT Comix Crew

One of the comic files I had downloaded and moved around from my laptop to my portable hard drive to my main multimedia hard drive is being very weird.

I cannot delete this damn thing even when it shows empty in my recycle bin on all drives. It still comes up "Cannot Delete file 01 Broken Bat: The directory is not empty."

It is like this one every single one of my recycle bins. I suspect a virus or some other nasty thing but I cannot figure out how to get rid of this.

I open the recycle bin....empty but it shows stuff in it. I empty it over and over every way I can think of and it still is there. I have ran my virus scan and made sure it is up to date, I have ran my registry fix, I have ran my anti spyware stuff.

I have tried to scan disk to repair screwed up stuff. I cannot get it to even defrag because of this same damn file. When I run it on my 80 gig firelite portable hard drive I get this message "The scan has been cancelled because of an error occured in file F:Recycled\Dj2\22 Knightfall\01 Broken Bat\07__Batman_495.CBZ

I have even tried making a copy of the file and redeleting it. I made sure to have virus scan look inside of zipped folders.......

I am lost please help. I also do not want someone else to have this shit happen to them if it is indeed something nasty

2. DoctorDoom

DoctorDoom Doom always keeps his word. OT Supporter

3. Icecleric

Icecleric OT Comix Crew

Ok, I got it off my laptop but have no clue how to do the same on the portable HD.

I used my Tracks Eraser Pro. I set it up to delete basically every kind of unused file and overwrite 3 times on the empty space on the HD. I then ran Registry fix to get rid of any left over "parts" that went to nothing now. Next I ran Adware and Xsoft and set them to look in zipped stuff and let them go as deep and as long as they could. I ran Tracks Eraser Pro one more time and then my Recycle bin showed it had a "windows" file but not the fucking Broken bat file. I have had this before. If you have that open rycycle bin empty it (it will not empty) next make a folder just to delete it. Then empty the recycle folder one more time and it now shows the correct EMPTY recycle bin with nothing in it.

I have run all these to search the portable HD also but it still wont grab that file. Tracks Eraser sees it, trieds to delete it but errors and then skips it and keeps going. It did not do that on the laptop HD......

EDIT I also got a great new Defrag program called Diskeeper. Very handy and I can set it up to do what I wanted on the Laptop (bascially keep up on the defragging the way I like it done)

Aggravating...... Oh and it is also on the fucking work computer I used last time I was here and orginally got the file off the ftp. When I deleted it off the work HD it must have stayed in its recycle bin.