computer gurus! v. help

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ElCidKid, Aug 13, 2007.

1. ElCidKid

ElCidKid New Member

yesterday i was playing a game of civilization 4 and all of a sudden i had a massive graphical error the screen went all blocky and my PC completely froze. I restarted my PC and launched the game again, then during the intro the graphics error came on, i restarted again, and installed the newest Nvidia drivers and all. after that the graphics error still happend when I launched the game again and from then on evey screen has the blocky graphical error, from boot up and windows wont load.
    now my question is: is my Graphics card toast? is it a virus (i did not get any warning from AVG or anything) or something else?

2. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

check to see the fans on the card are still spinning at least. could be a cooling problem.

3. DAN513

DAN513 OT Supporter

could be heat related, when was the last time you blew the dust out of your system?

4. ElCidKid

ElCidKid New Member

its been a while :o

5. Doc Brown

Doc Brown Don't make me make you my hobby

[​IMG]

6. ElCidKid

ElCidKid New Member

i got hope dusted the card out with a can of air, tons of dust in it. still the same, i tried it in a different PC and that PC produced the same errors. so i'm guessing the card is fried. i'm ordering a new one now...