Computer dilemma (keep one or both?)

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Maffy29, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

Just recently I got a great deal on a Dell Dimension with a Pentium D. It didn't have all the specs I wanted, but it was close. Just a new video card and DVD burner and I'm set. I also have this laptop. Its pretty badass for a laptop. It has a Pentium M/Centrino, 1GB ram, 80gb hardrive, Radeon 9700, 15.1" widescreen display and plays just about every game I've thrown at it. I'm not a serious gamer, but I like to play when time permits. I do travel a good bit for work, but usually just use the laptop to watch a movie, get on the internet, etc. I just feel like I'm wasting this laptop by not using it to full potential and that I might be better off selling it and buying something a little lower spec that would work better for what I use it for. I paid $1600 for it back in July and have never had a problem with it. What do you guys think? What would you do if you had this setup?

2. www.techdo.com

www.techdo.com New Member

with the half ot the price you get a slow laptop that doesn't permit you to play in the spare time and has less battery duration for your work

3. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

Thats a reason I would keep my current setup. I can usually get 2 hours or so out of a charge on my laptop when running everything as normal. Can't get through a whole movie, but oh well. I guess the whole decision is about money. Which I'm not really hurting for right now anyway.

4. Boogieman117

Boogieman117 PSN: Boogieman117

Sounds like for what you do, you have a solid laptop. Don't sell it unless you need to or the warranty runs out and your looking to upgrade.