Computer crew....halp!!!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by iMotionSRT-4, Jan 26, 2009.

1. iMotionSRT-4

iMotionSRT-4 HO! HO! HO! BITCHES!!

I have my HP printer hooked up to my front usb port, and it has been since Christmas, with no problems.

Last week I plugged in a flash drive that I have used MANY times to add pictures to, so I could transfer them to my PS3. When I plugged it in, it was recognized, I added the pictures, removed it and it's all good.

I plugged it into my ps3, and the PS3 wouldn't pull up the flash drive at all. Nothing....it wouldn't even recognize it. Meh whatever, the ps3 finally located the media server and I went about my business.

A couple days later, I plug the same flash drive, and I get this.
    [​IMG]

And the same thing is going on with my printer. I unplugged it, because I had trouble printing, and as soon as I plugged it in, I got the same error.

The weird part is, that I plugged in my Sansa MP3 player, and the mother fucker worked fine. I can charge my ps3 controller, no problem. But it won't recognize my USB cord for my camera to transfer pics, it won't recognize ANY flash drive I have, nor will it recognize when I plug in my phone.

I tried to reinstall the software for my printer, and when it comes down to the final part of connecting the printer, it shows nothing is connected.

I tried to reinstall the driver for the flash drive as well, and I can't even find that fucker because XP should recognize it always.

So, like WTF could be going on? The USB port is getting power obviously because it can charge the PS3 controller and my Sansa.

But it won't recognize a single device I plug into it?

HALP PLEAZES?? :x:x:

2. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

Most likely it is getting a power surge or to much voltage. Ive seen this before and usually what ensues is the motherboard dies because of surges. That may not be the case in your situation but just going on experience with past computers not just HP alone.

Maybe someone else might know an answer.

3. iMotionSRT-4

Well that gives me a better idea...I think I need to take the comp in to get fixed.

The fan in my power supply went out, so I've had a little fan on it for a while keeping it cool.

Well the wife one day decided to turn on the comp without the fan on and it got overheated and died. The next day I turned it on and when it boots up it says "CPU has changed, f1 to continue or f2 to enter settings."

I don't know what to do, so I've always did f1 ( i know, stupid).

But I'm sure I just need to get the shit fixed. I'm sure fixing the power supply will help my problems.

How hard are power supplies to install?

4. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

Their very easy to replace what kind of computer do you have I can find you one probably in 20-30 range if your looking for something cheap

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  5. iMotionSRT-4

[​IMG]

This is what I have....already bottom of the line, but it has lasted me for like 6+ years without any issues.

I just need to get off my ass and order it from new egg :o

6. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

7. iMotionSRT-4

8. Hate Crime

Hate Crime Don't Hate OT Supporter

I have a computer with the same issue. Bad motherboard, which originated from a power supply that went bad. By the looks of it, you might be too late.

9. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

doesnt matter which ..any atx power supply will work just dont go under the 400 watt mark. Anything higher or same is fine. Youll get elitist that will whine or brag about vendors or types but as far as that goes thats totally up to you.

If I'm correct on the power issues one of your connectors is throwing out more voltage then necessary the longer it goes the worst it will become. Optical drives, ram slots and ide channel will go bad.

10. iMotionSRT-4

got a power supply on the way, and I will work my way up.

sucks that it might be the mobo :hs:

11. jvblackxj

jvblackxj VW4Life

When you reboot, if it still asks you to hit f1 or f2. Hit f2, then f10. it will ask you something about saving and exit. type 'y' or do what it says to save and exit. You shouldn't get that anymore until your next power outage. Your CMOS Battery is dead. It too is easy to replace and most batterries are a button battery (CR2032).

12. iMotionSRT-4

baller..I'm going to look into it when I work on the power supply. Thanks for the suggestion

13. iMotionSRT-4

Thanks for the CMOS tip....all I did was go in the CMOS setup, f10 to save, then exit and it got rid of that.

Appreciate that shit...I never would have found out had it not been for your tip.

Now I got my power supply on the way and we will go from there.

Thanks again