Computer acting weird.......

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by SwedishDude, Apr 16, 2005.

1. SwedishDude

SwedishDude Guest

I am running Windows 2000 and whenever I came to my computer this morning, whenever I try to play music it doesnt play, it says low on memory, whenever I open any Microsoft Word program it gives me some error about a license, and whever I try to copy and paste anything, it doesnt let me. I have a few partitions on my hard drive and whenever I copy one file or a folder or anything, I cannot paste it anywhere. If I open Control Panel, the screen doesnt appear as usual, all the icons are on two columns on the lft side with a scroll bar next to them. If I try to open Add/Remove programs, it comes up all garbled. I was going to just reformat the whole computer but it will not boot from the cd rom drive now. And whenever the computer is booted in W2K and I try to browse the CD in My Computer, it just says "Please insert disk in drive...." Also, whenevr I restart, it sits on my desktop for about 5 minutes before it finally brings up the icons and everything. It has never done any of this, it just started this morning. What is wrong with my computer?!?!? Any ideas?
  2. teh professor

teh professor

Dec 4, 2004
  3. SwedishDude

SwedishDude Guest

i have a 40gb hard drive partioned into like 4 drives, with close to 20 or so free...