Component TVs

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by DreHB, Mar 12, 2002.

1. DreHB

DreHB The Logo

Jun 25, 2001
    I have a 27 inch Panasonic tv that I bought last summer. The reason I bought the tv was because it had component video. When I got around to buying component cables and plugging everything up I discovered the tv had a green tint to the screen. I made sure that all of the cables were plugged in right and I even went back to the store to get a new set of cables. It didnt fix a damn thing. I am thinking that one of the component wires inside the tv (maybe the red?) isnt properly attached. I was wondering if any of you guys have had this same problem before and how much it costs to fix. Thanks
  2. trifle

trifle Guest

have you tried adjusting the settings on the television, there are also ones inside of the tv you can mess with...i suggest taking it to an electronics repair shop if the tv setting changes don't work...i don't see where it would cost anymore than a degaussing job, which runs about 10 bucks

JSHTROD New Member

Apr 17, 2001
    It might not be your TV.

If I remember right, component video passes all your TV's internal settings, and displays the pure signal it's fed.

So it's quite possible the problem is your DVD player and not your TV. Try another DVD player, and see if the problem persists.