Component set + 2x passive crossovers on a channel?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by eighteen_psi, Sep 19, 2006.

1. eighteen_psi

eighteen_psi Active Member

So I've got most of my system all set up how I want it now, but to get it that way I needed to bridge my 6600.2 to the Boston Pro 6.5 sets, since 50wpc isn't enough for em. That's fine...cause I still have 2 channels to bridge to my 12.5LF's but I now no longer have the channels to run my Aura AST-2B's (Pro Bass Shakers). I miss the subsonic response they add to my subs but without the channels I can't run them LP'd at line level.

But...what about running them on the same channels as my component sets? The amp is stable at 2 ohm...and I can probably build the appropriate crossovers...

The power might be too much for them, not sure (They're rated at 50wrms each, will be getting 100). Is it even possible to do a trim pot in parallel without jacking up response on my component set? Or even another crossover?

I'd just pick up another, smaller amp for them but I don't really have a place to put it :mamoru:

Thoughts?

2. eighteen_psi

eighteen_psi Active Member

:hsd: someone has to have some feedback on or experience doing something like this