A&P Comparing photo prints between stores

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Cyber0066, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Cyber0066

Cyber0066 New Member

I'm planning to print one or two photos at different stores and compare them side by side to see which place has the best quality. What's the best type of photo to do this so that I can really tell the difference between the stores. Is it landscapes? objects? people? photos w/ lots of colour (eg flowers)? night shots? I only have pictures taken with a regular digital camera (not SLR).

2. Hua

Hua AZN photographer crew

Go buy a Kodak Color strip and hold it up in the photo. Then compare it when you get your prints. Everyone is going to differ in skin tones.

3. viva hate

viva hate Guest

If you have a print that you are happy with get that reprinted and compare the quality.
    Alternativly, a good pro lab will be willing to show you a few examples of the work they produce.
    Keep in mind that unless you are paying top price they are going to print your image as is. Don't give them a pig's ear and expect a silk purse.
    A kodak colour strip is a good idea but it is not a fix all solution. If it is poorly exposed or lit, then that is how it will appear on your print.
    Ask questions and if you are not getting much interest then go somewhere else.