Compaq 7922 screw'd up?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Prelude_Guy, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Prelude_Guy

Prelude_Guy New Member

yeah i have a i 7922 compaq and i had it for awhile but recently i was tryin to burn a cd i just turned it on, well i had someone come so i was about to leave and it was on for 3 mins and then i we decided not to go. so i start it back up few mins later and i hear it all loading u know, grinding ticking and flashin led. well then i look and notice the mouse isnt lit and the keyboard and the monitor looked like it was still on Stand-by... so i leave it and it stops loading... then i tap the power button and hear it shut off the i wait 30 secs thinking its just a little glitch but then it dont work. and i cant use mouse keyboard and see the screen its like it dont pick up. so im hear on my 1230 compaq laptop using the 3 accesories. and they all work!? and i swap my drive with my buddies and it seeem to work great. but his was a HP and now i says CPQreg. [! illegal operation ect.!] and i didn't download anything because i havent used it a day or two before it messed up. anyone know how to fix. or what the hekx wrong. please help!
    -thankx

2. Up All Night

Up All Night I might sleep all day

Run compaq system restore?

3. Prelude_Guy

Prelude_Guy New Member

you cant' i cant see or do anything on it, so i made it a slave and formatted it under another computer but was woundering if i can install windows me, and the required and needed drivers/devices to it and not mess up there device/drivers??