WEB company website v cart etc

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by TomBrady, Aug 6, 2008.

1. TomBrady

TomBrady New Member

2. Tony Stark

Tony Stark John McCain has an illegitimate mexican baby

Well what are you selling and what forum?

a) getting a domain name is not that easy, you'll probably have to go through like 300 options before you find something thats relevant to your niche
    b) forwarding email is not that hard, but it does depend on your hosting company. But usually you just go into the Cpanel, click on webmail, and then clicking create new and then selecting your new email address and then choosing whether you want it hosted, or whether you want just to have it forward to your gmail
    c) For shopping cart you have a tons of different of solutions, some hosted on your server, other hosted on a separate company's server. Some free, others paid. Some come with their own payment processor(figure paypal level fees) others you need to get your own processor(for which you'll need a bank account in your business's name and fees will be somewhere along the lines of 2.2% + 25 cents per transaction

3. TomBrady

TomBrady New Member

thanks for the good info. Now i checked godaddy and my domain name i want actually IS available. So once i do that, what do i do? im thinking i just purchase a domain name, and then i can go straight to cpanel to set up webmail?

4. Tony Stark

Tony Stark John McCain has an illegitimate mexican baby

well first you need to figure out if you are going to be hosting the cart on your own server, or using a cart on one of those $39/month places.

If first one, I'd register a crappy dreamhost account or something like that for $5/mo, since it'll come with free domain.