GUN Comp-Tac comes through yet again!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by minus, Oct 16, 2006.

1. minus

minus Damn you, Damn the Broccoli, and Damn the Wright B

I just ordered my pro-undercover. A few days later they released the infidel which is a convertable holster taking cues from all their other models. I emailed comp-tac they are doing the exchange at no cost to me other than return shipping. Truly an exceptional company.

The infidel.
    http://www.comp-tac.com/ct_infidel.php

2. mzmtg

mzmtg New Member

Wow, very cool.

If I ever need to replace my CTAC, I'll get another CTAC. I like that both loops are off the holster body. But the infidel is still cool...

3. minus

I have to arm and disarm multiple times a day alot of days so the single clip is easier and cheaper.

4. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

5. mzmtg

mzmtg New Member

Leave the holster in your belt?

6. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I broke my CTAC a while ago. I keep meaning to email them and ask for the part that broke, but I figured it'd be a pain in the ass. Looks like their pretty good with customer service actually.

7. minus

Call the phone number. I have had them pick up on saturdays and sundays. They are a company of like 8 people. Their service is great.

8. minus

I work as a civillian dispatcher in a PD. Carrying here is not off limits but frowned upon by my boss. So leaving an empty holser might create some issues.

9. Gimik

Gimik New Member

called them today. They're shipping out some new clips with all the hardware I lost and they'll reimburse me for them when I ship back my old clips. Awesome service.

Also, they mentioned a new belt they had with kydex inserts to make it stronger. Anyone tried this out? It was $60ish, so I didn't want to just have him throw one in.

10. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

I've got an Aker gun belt I paid $35 from Galls. It's leather, 1.5", with a polymer insert sewn between the pieces of leather for added strength. Works great for me, I've carried a fully loaded G21 and a Ruger Sp101 revolver on it as a backup with no issues at all. I'm sure the comp-tac belt is nice, but this one is half price. It doesn't look like a gun belt either, so it blends into a regular wardrobe pretty easily.

Edit: Ugh, I forgot the link. http://www.galls.com/style.html?assort=general_catalog&style=LP224

11. Gimik

Gimik New Member

Got my replacement gear from them today. I can ship my j-clips back for a refund if I want (they told me over the phone), but I think I'm going to keep them in case I ever want to swap them out for when i want to tuck my shirt in.

In any case, I'm very pleased with their cust. service.