Comp probs

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by andres4514, Dec 10, 2005.

1. andres4514

andres4514 Active Member

i got 2 problems on my computer....

1) i downloaded a movie from limewire pro and i want to erase it but it says that another program is using this file therefor i cant erase it. how can i find out what program it is or how can i delete this movie???

2)when i listen to music my computer gets really slow even though i just formated my computer it acts really fast when im not listening to music. when i hit ctrl+alt+dlt it says the CPU usage is up to 96% to 100%.....what could be causing this???? please help!!!

2. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

3. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

even Winamp 5.x should work well enough. I'd be willing to bet that movie you downloaded had a trojan in it, and it's keeping you from deleting the file.

4. andres4514

andres4514 Active Member

how can i delete this trojan???? is there any free programs out there that i could use??

5. deusexaethera

Assuming I'm not wrong, and there really is one there, you should be able to reboot in safe mode and delete the movie. Actually delete it, don't just let it sit in the Recycle Bin. Then download Ad-Aware (if you don't have it) and Stinger from McAfee. Ad-Aware will scan for spyware and Stinger will delete any viruses you have. Run them both in safe mode too. IF you want to be extra careful, download them on another computer and burn them to a CD so any nasties on your own computer won't be able to hack them and make them not work right.

6. andres4514

andres4514 Active Member

im about to do that right now....im not gonna burn it into a cd since i just formatted my computer so im guessing is really clean but thanks for the help!

7. deusexaethera

If you just reformatted, you might be missing a sound card driver or something, and that could be why your CPU usage jumps so high. Run Windows Update and see if it gives you any drivers to download.

8. andres4514

andres4514 Active Member

i just ran my computer on safe mode and i still cant erase this file....this is getting me madd lol

PS im about to run windows update!

9. andres4514

andres4514 Active Member

just ran windows update and i have every update

10. deusexaethera

Try writing down the location of the file, in it's entirety (C:\Whatever\Yada\Blah\Evilfile.mpg), reboot into Safe Mode with Command Prompt, and delete it the old fashioned way. The command is "del filenamehere" and press enter. If that doesn't work, I have no idea what to try next.