comp having probs

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by pho real srsly, Jan 7, 2004.

1. pho real srsly

pho real srsly Active Member

my bro jus made his comp but it's having this weird prob.....whenever the system is booting up and going through the tests, it keeps sayin "NEW CPU FOUND! PLEASE ENTER SETUP AND CONFIGURE THE SETTINGS." he set it up 10000 times and it still says that.....the bios doesn't seem to be saving the settings......he has to load the default settings to get by it to load windows.....does anyone know y it's doing that?? i'm worried that it might be my fault? cuz i installed the stuff for him.....this one incident happened when i was mounting the mobo to the case.....to make the ports and everything fit on the side, i was kinda moving the mobo while it was jus sitting on the standoffs and this VERY TINY round silver piece came off the mobo i think.....i mean it was really tiny.....do u think that might be y the bios isn't saving the settings??? it seems to save the time but not that cpu crap......btw...his parts r:

P4 2.6c HT
    Asus p4p8x
    1gb or corsair ddr ram
    wd 40gb harddrive

thanx

2. col_panic

col_panic calm like a bomb Moderator

hmm. run diagnostics on the motherboard? :dunno:

3. Mirlyn

Mirlyn Guest

Try clearing the CMOS and replacing the battery.

4. Mugatu

Mugatu Ask me about market research. OT Supporter

check the battery first but you might have to return the mobo - although if it saves the time than there it's probably not the battery but something else - just return it to the store for a new one, that's the easiest thing to do :)

5. pho real srsly

pho real srsly Active Member

yea...that's what i'm planning on doing......thanx