comp engs. - logic design program that creates verilog code?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by andytseng, Oct 13, 2004.

1. andytseng

andytseng Aspiring House Husband

Hi,
    I just had a quick question for all the computer engineers out there. Is there a program out there, where if I design a logic circuit, the program can produce verilog code for me?
    I'm actually a CS student, and I don't want to deal with everything in verilog.
    Thanks,
    Andy

p.s. if anybody has any theoretical-based cs questions, I can answer those. it's been a few years since I've done much actual programming

2. SL1200MK4

SL1200MK4 New Member

Not that I am aware of and damn HDL is a bitch...

Ask around in the Engineering and Digital Design forum will probably get you more answers...

So, I figure that you are doing a architecture course yes? What kinda stuff do you have to write?

3. andytseng

actually the hw assignment i have right now is really easy

i just have to "design a synchronous counter using T-flip flops that count the following sequence repeatedly: 000, 010, 011, 010, 010, 011. State diagram, state table, equations, and code in verilog."

4. crontab

crontab (uid = 0)

Hmm, I was always under the assumption that with HDL, VHDL, Verilog code that it would generate the logic designs. I don't know if there's a program to reverse engineer it.

Verilog and VHDL were quite easy, compared to C++ and Java for me at least back in the day... If you're a CS student, it should be something you can pick up by yourself fairly easily.

5. andytseng

the actual coding itself is pretty simple for me. I'm pretty sure nobody has problems with basic verilog. The thing that gets me is the logic and simulation. None of the EE students in my class seem to have any problems.