A&P Comments on this pic? (it has meaning behind it)

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by pLaYIstIcPimP, Nov 5, 2003.

1. pLaYIstIcPimP

pLaYIstIcPimP New Member

This pic was taken at ground zero when i visited NYC and it sorta has that special meaning to me. it was at night as you can see and also i did not have my tripod. i understand it isn't as crisp as it could be. I am working with an olympus C 4000. Just let me know what you think. btw, those are beams from the WTC that they used to make that cross and the thing hangin off is melted steel from the WTC also.

[​IMG]

2. RacerX30

RacerX30 New Member

what i'd like to see is for you to take the full size pic and in photoshop crop out the area around the cross section .Then post that in a bigger size..I think it would have more impact.

3. Valence

Valence Gustav Refugee

I appreciate what you attempted to do with the depth of field, but a larger f stop would have rendered everything in focus up front, which I think would have enhanced the background. I think a daylight shot with a blue sky background would be cool, the cross the main subject, but if you were to edit this one, I agree with racer

4. pLaYIstIcPimP

pLaYIstIcPimP New Member

i agree with your guys. but i could not do much more with my f stop because i did not have a tripod and what not. I don't know if i actually wanted the bars to be in focus. I am not sure what i want. but yeah, the blue background would be sweet, but i like the colors at nice. i appreciate night pics more i think cause they are harder to shot. thanks for the comments.

5. Kelvin96GSR

Kelvin96GSR OEM>YOU

I dislike it, and agree with you that your fstop should of been larger.

6. shangrilarcadia

shangrilarcadia A lady

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with everyone here. I think it is better the way that it is than if you had taken it with the foreground in focus or if you had taken it at night. Because the cross is the only thing clear and well lighted, it draws your attention to that spot, which is important since that is the focal point of your photo. That being said, if I were to play around in photo shop with this, I would slightly crop the top to remove the blinding lightsource at the edge and try and see what I could do to hide the other central light source (I find the white spots very distracting)

7. pLaYIstIcPimP

pLaYIstIcPimP New Member

Well come on man, tell me what you don't like about. i am open to suggestions and shangrilarcadia thanks man. you found out exactly what i wanted to do. I didn't want anything else in focus cause i wanted it concentrated on the cross but other things still in the pic. As for the lights, i agree also. feel free to mess with it in photoshop. the bad thing is, i dont know jack about photoshop. But thanks for your comments. keep them coming.