MMA Commentary weaker than normal v.notsayingmuch

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by A-NON-A, Sep 8, 2008.

1. A-NON-A

A-NON-A New Member

Anyone besides myself think that the commentary was fucking horrific this time :dunno: Even Rogan seemed really off his game and normally he is the only occassional bright spot.

Examples:
    His comments with Matt Brown after the fight... classless
    Tons of comments even by Rogan such as .. " He is trying to not get hit here" REALLY :rolleyes:

During the Henderson fight you would have thought it was Dan by utter domination when it was actually a pretty close fight.

I have always hated Goldberg but its a whole other level when you cant even count on Rogan.

2. Hillary

Hillary fukc yaeh. ew waitled long enough. nujgses of hill

I watched on youtube...had post fight commentary cut out...what was the deal with matt brown?

3. A-NON-A

A-NON-A New Member

Really.. I normal consider you astute and aware of the small details.... It was horrible they could have handed out twice as many captain obvious awards as normal.(and it didnt even seem like Rogan was drunk)

4. f-g

f-g OT Supporter

That's because he was high.

5. roose

roose Guest

On the flips side, there was a marked improvement in the production. The prefight interviews especially.

Last nights event was a 9/10.

6. LocTite98

LocTite98 Chillin'

didnt he have an anger prohblem during TUF? he seemed really pissed after every round.... he would tap Dongs head or say some shit... it was actually pretty funny

7. HandgunFantasy

HandgunFantasy My purity you stole.

i pretty much never care about the commentary.
    i make my own in my drunken state :bowdown:

edit: that being said it was just as bad as every other event :dunno:

8. ITR06

ITR06 OT Supporter

I like the commentary, I cant stand stand watching it at a bar + i spend 3x as much.

9. whup

whup I wish you had children and.. so that I could step

The commentary's been terrible lately. Nowadays they seem to have an agenda and obvious favourite, and try to foreshadow what's coming.

I think Rogan's reaction after the Brown decision was disgraceful and disrespectful.

10. GochuBoy

GochuBoy OT Supporter

I can't stand Mike Goldberg. I'll take Kenny Rice any day.

11. yesitisyellow

yesitisyellow New Member

"Henderson is not moving his hand until he punches."

-Mike Goldberg

12. Hillary

Hillary fukc yaeh. ew waitled long enough. nujgses of hill

SOMEONE explain the matt brown thing!

13. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

rogan basically came in to interview brown and said something along the lines of "I thought you won that fight, but I guess it's all subjective"

14. Beepsandbuzzes

Beepsandbuzzes New Member

Rogan said, when interviewing Kim Dong Hyun, "What do you think about that obviously controversial decision?"
    Sure it was close, I definitely wouldn't say it was controversial. I couldn't hear the commentary because I watched the whole thing in Korean, but that comment pissed me off when he was interviewing the Stun Gun, no way was that a controversial decision.

15. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

The commentary during the Kim/Brown fight was REALLY annoying, and even disrespectful in the post fight interview. It is clear that Goldberg/Rogan have a clear agenda to greatly favor one fighter over another.

16. whup

whup I wish you had children and.. so that I could step

Rogan goes to do his after-fight interview:

Rogan (to Kim's translator): First of all, obviously a controversial decision, the audience has reacted, they're booing it (they start to boo louder as Rogan talks, he effectively encouraged them to boo by saying this). Ask him to please give us his opinion of how the fight went.

Kim (in Korean): STFU, you fucking redneck Southern hillbillies
    Kim's translator: He's sorry for going to decision and will be a different fighter next fight.

On a further question, Kim gives Brown credit for being tough and hard to finish.

Then Rogan goes and interviews Matt Brown! This is what really pissed me off. Yeah it was a split decision, but Cecil Peoples is the one who somehow gave it to Matt Brown. Rogan already detracted from a gracious Dong-Kim's win with the tone of his interview, then he interviews the loser:

Rogan: Alright I'm here with a dissapointed Matt "The Immortal" Brown. I personally thought you won the decision. It's obviously subjective.

Brown: Whatever man, I don't fight for judges. I fight for fans and I fight for finishes. So whatever happens man, I don't care what the judges say (points at judges). I fight 'cause I love fighting. I love fighting for Atlanta. Whatever man, the judges... *Rogan takes mic away, can't hear the rest*

Rogan: Well you love fighting for fans; the fans have obviously appreciated your performance this evening, it was an awesome fight, and we look forward to seeing you again. Matt Brown ladies and gentlemen! *crowd cheers*

I feel sorry for Kim. Poor dude probably didn't know WTF was going on. He'd be understandably affronted when he sees that fight in Korean.

No wonder so many fighters allegedly don't like Rogan for his commentary.

To be fair, Goldberg was reasonably balanced in most of his commentary on this fight.