COMIC ComixCrew - how old are you guys? Where do you work? School?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by kungfuwoo, Jun 20, 2006.

1. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

:wavey: Don't know if anyone else is really interested, but it looks like we have got ourselves quite the group here at OT ComixCrew. From the awesome guys that host all of the comics to people like Icecleric that go out of their way to help others out, I think we have a GREAT lil community thing going on around here. So maybe you guys can tell us more about yourselves? Maybe follow what I post. Stuff like that. You don't have to get all that personal if you don't want to. No pressure :)

Me -

22 yrs old
    Graduated in May with an MS in Accountancy
    Start work for an accounting firm in the fall.

My favorite superhero - DEFINITELY Thor, although I've been a fan of others, favorite X-Man is Colossus, favorite bad guy is classic Juggs.

2. Jesterkiller

Jesterkiller ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light?

21 years old
    was in Med school for half a semester. currently working at Wal-Mart (flame suit on cause OT hates Wal-Mart). thinking of going back to school or perhaps going offshore

favorite superhero - easily Thor. just something about him i cant explain it
    favorite X-man - Wolverine. i love his attitude and loner personality
    favorite villain - toss up between Magneto and Dr. Doom

quick note about my action figure hobby: first figure that got me into collecting them was bought by my mom. she bought me some Faces of Madness figures by McFarlane cause she found them interesting (it was the series with Billy the Kid). since then ive bought them off and on. just recently started getting the Marvel Legends figures and Star Wars figures.
    my friend also customizes them and he is making me a US Agent figure. when its done ill take pics of it for you guys :hsd:

3. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

I want a friend that customizes stuff! It would be awesome for someone to make like a Rune King Thor :embd:

And working at Walmart has its advantages; you know getting first pick at the exclusive Giant Man Series for one :o

4. lazyjk

lazyjk Uncle Sam wants you for the NEW Freedom Fighters!!

Turned 19 today(but the guys at Applebees think I'm like 22, went there and had a beer and steak and shrimp today for my bday :mamoru:)
    Going to school for Computer Science
    Not working right now, but I will be a RA this fall.

Favorite Superhero is the Flash (see AV) both Barry Allen and Wally West, although I lean more towards Wally as we have the same personalities. Favorite Villain is probably Thanos or Darkseid(both badass motherfuckers). Favorite X-man would have to be teh Iceman.

5. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

holy shit mang, happy birthday!

You gotta get me some key issues of the Flash, I think he's one of the best superheroes out there, probably top 5 for me. I just want to read up on some of his cool issues, loved him in JLU and earlier JL cartoons.

6. Icecleric

Icecleric OT Comix Crew

I am 31. I am a father of 4 girls, have a stepson (just got married on the 10th) and have twin BOYS on the way.

I went to school at Alaska Job Corps Center and took Water and Wastewater Treatment. From there I went to work in the oil fields and villages. I now work for 2 weeks and am off for 2 weeks at a time. I make ALOT of money and had a way to give back to OT so I have and will keep as long as I can.

I am heavy into ATVs also. I have a fully built Raptor with around 20K in it. My daughter has a quad, my oldest has a Raptor we are building together right now.

I also collect transformers. I have an entire room dedicated to them. I have been buying them for about 10 years now. I used to collect Star WArs but now it is only the vintage stuff. I ALWAYS open my toys. I play with them. That is what toys are for in my mind.

Fav superhero? I always liked the Flash and have always liked Hawkeye because I felt he was someone I could actually become if I trained hard.

I live in Alaska. If anyone ever comes up here I can hook you up with riding trails or just showing you the hole in the wall spots. I pretty much left my entire life from birth to 20 in Va where I was born and raised. so I am at a loss for "friends" in AK. Most of the people I work with are older than me with kids my age or my age with no kids and do not understand that I cannot party as much as I wish, add in the fact that I collect toys, read comix actually chose to work with poo for a living and ride a quad like a maniac and I have a hard time finding others into the same stuff I am.

Add all that up mix it a little and you got me. I am really glad to have found a great "niche" in OT

7. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

Sounds like you got a good life up there in Alaska. Twin boys - my neighbor had twin boys and they're quite the handful, but funny to see because one is HUGE and the other one is more normal sized :rofl:

8. Jesterkiller

my other friend is getting into the customizing stuff actually. he is gonna try to take his 12" Apocalypse and either turn it into AoA Apocalypse or Ultimate Apocalypse.
    the friend who is making my US Agent said if i get an extra Thor from the Giant Man set he will make me an Eric Masterson Thor complete with mask and everything :bowdown:

walmart isnt as bad as OT makes it out to be :o i actually love my job

9. lazyjk

I love the Flash in the Justice League Cartoons, easily my favorite character. Who can forget him being in Luthors body and Polaris asking "Hey Lex, you gonna wash your hands" to which Wally replies "NO, because I'm evil" :bowdown::bowdown:

10. Jesterkiller

happy birthday lazyjk :)
    and congrats on the family Ice

11. lazyjk

12. droopz

droopz New Member

23years old here.
    IT manager and tech, network engineer and admin for a high school.

Fav hero: Alex Elder. Hands down my fav comic and filled with kick arse charactors. Close second would be Garrison and the Battle Chasers gang.

Fav Xman (or marvel): Deadpool first and Wolverine and Cable equal second.

Fav Villan: Venom was the childhood fav, but ive also grown to like enjoy reading House of M so Mags is right up there now. Dr Doom is prity badass too.

EDIT: Thought id add a bit more personal stuff. I live in teh Northern Territory of Australia and a small town (pop about 11000). I am heavily into cars and (until recently) have a number of projects. My first (and only finished) toy is a turbo charged 350 IROC. Ive also got a baja, a 67 impala, a 65 Holden special and a few home made buggies (death traps) with bike engines. All fucked now due to mud and water.

We recently had a large flood in our town and with the exception of my camaro and some clothes i was wearing, my partner and I lost everything we own. Either washed away or destroyed by water and mud. That was about 2 months ago now and we are still rebuilding. Its been a great opertunity to find this little community when I did and be able to get back into something love so quickly.

We are still waiting to rebuild the house, but we are getting back on your feet. Since i lost all my comics i could face the daunting task of re-collecting them so ive decided to merge my comic and cars passions and have started to collect Alternator and Binaltech transformers when I can.

Thanks OTCC :bowdown:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2006
  13. Griffon

Griffon comic nerd extraordinaire

I'm 20, turn 21 in August.
    Still live at home. :hs:

I was going to school for Culinary Arts, but I decided I didn't like it, so I'm switching majors in the fall to Electro-Mechanichal Technology. :hs:

My favorite superhero is a tie between Captain America and Batman, it changes depending on my mood.

Favorite X-Man is Wolverine, of course. :o

Favorite villain has to be The Joker, not many can come close to his sheer evilness and longevity. :bowdown:

14. Icecleric

Icecleric OT Comix Crew

So I'm the old man of the group....FUCK

15. lazyjk

I've got a cane I could send to you :dunno: :mamoru:

16. Griffon

Griffon comic nerd extraordinaire

We could group buy him a really nice one. :coold: :mamoru:

17. droopz

droopz New Member

Added some more info. :wiggle:

18. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

you're more like the older brother that looks out for everyone :coold:

And not the older brother that beats you up either. the cool older brother that sends you presents all the time :o

19. Jesterkiller

ill get ya a case....

of ENSURE. you like Chocolate or Vanilla?

20. Icecleric

Icecleric OT Comix Crew

My wife (who is 26 and calls me her sugar daddy lol) Just laughed her ass off.

We are twisted. In front of her mom before the wedding we said I am only marrying your for your money, then I said That is ok I just marrying you for your body and her Mom's mouth about hit the floor.

Out "pet" names for each other is Freak for her and Pervert for me:rofl:

21. axio

axio New Member

I'm 23, I graduated in May with degrees in finance and economics. I got hired a day after graduating (I will regret this, I know it :rofl: ) and currently work as an analyst at Reliant Energy.

My favorite superheroes are Batman, Hal Jordan, Daredevil, and Spider-Man. I grew up reading them and still love them. I have pretty strong emotional ties to DD, Batman pretty much shaped me as a kid since I was for the most part a loner, Hal Jordan acted as a coutner weight to the gloom of Batman, and I'd like to think I have the Spider-Man sense of humor where I can laugh at myself while I'm down.

Aside from comics I'm a fairly prolific writer and live/breathe martial arts. I blew out my knee a few years ago and that put my years as an active martial artist to an end but I still like to stay current. I also collect bad movies, old TV series from the '80s/'90s and mess around with a personal site about all that: http://www.axioentertainment.com/ I'm a Seinfeld fanatic and I swear if they ever made a Seinfeld comic I'd purchase every copy of it I could get my hands on after I was done ejaculating in my pants from glee.

22. Trungtastic

Trungtastic OT Supporter

20 - Born in Houston, attending college at UT for Government

Fav heroes: Iron Man, Batman and Cyclops :o

I had stopped collecting comic books and action figures (I started getting 12 inch expensive gi joe types) around highschool and picked it back up when I went away to college. Damn college :o

23. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

I used to be a big martial artist guy too, but time and other factors led to an early retirement for me. I hope to get back into it soon.

24. axio

axio New Member

What did you study?

I did Shotokan from age 8 onward and was a Shodan before I started to lose interest in it. Then I studied Hung Gar for about 5 years and was lucky enough to go to Hong Kong to study it over a summer. But my knee kept deteriorating and I had to make a decision over if I wanted to go through surgery again or if I wanted to quit.

25. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

I started off with kickboxing/karate/BJJ for about 1.5 yrs or so.

Then I moved onto a more traditional kungfu/judo/hapkido/weapons/taekwondo art. This is where I actually learned a lot of stuff that I actually thought was useful, and lots of stuff that helped improve my discipline and such.

Then I moved to college, and studied kuk sool won for about half a year. thats when I had to make the decision to stop so I could have time to work full time and maintain a decent GPA :hsd: