LGBT Coming out (v2) - Reaction by other non heteros?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by GeekDrew, Feb 8, 2004.

1. GeekDrew

GeekDrew aka DataDrew

Did anyone have negative reactions from people, when they came out of the closet? More specifically, any negative reactions from people who are or are not out of the closet, but you know, strongly suspect, or have since learned that they are gay themselves?

I came out when I was 16, if memory serves and I can count properly. The reactions around me at the high school where I first came out were various. The friends that I cared about the most, the true ones, didn't care at all. Thank god. A few people stopped talking to me altogether at school, and would only talk to me online, where others didn't know they were talking to me. A few people just hated me. Period. I found out that one person that hated me is gay. He came out a couple of months ago.

At the second high school that I came out at (I transferred to it, and was out from the first or second week of school that year), almost nobody cared. There was only 1 person, Shane, that really wanted to kill me. Ironically, he became a very good friend in my senior year.

I had one person (Allan) start getting really close to me just after I came out at the second high school. We looked very similar, thought similarly (at least about a lot of things), did everything together for a long time. I suspected that he was gay from the beginning, though he was adament that he is straight. Then he started dating this girl. I became kind of jealous of her, but that is largely irrelevant. She and I became good friends during her duration as his girlfriend. She informed me that she thought he was probably gay too. I had to leave the situation at the end of the school year, and they were still dating. I didn't speak to anyone (against my will) until school began the following fall.

Allan and I were once again friends. Shane stepped into the picture, and became friends with both of us. Shane is most certainly straight. No big deal. I didn't want him for sex, nor even to talk about sex. I just valued him as a good friend. I did, however, find that Allan wanted Shane for sex. In the same document I learned that from, I was also informed that Allan is indeed gay (how I came about that document is best left unsaid).

I asked Allan about it one day, and he denied everything, threw a fit, etc. I later learned that he told Shane that I came on to him, wanted to have sex with him, etc. I wouldn't have protested had he offered :naughty: , but in no way was I actively pursuing him either. I just wanted the truth, because it affected me and several of my friends. This all happened around the end of my senior year. Neither Allan or Shane has spoken to me since June, except for one night, when nearly everyone we went to school with called me begging for information - but that had nothing to do with friendship. I was recently e-mailed even more evidence that Allan is gay. I've long stopped caring about that, though. I was very much relieved to find that everyone in our lab had believed the same thing as I did, that Allan was gay and wanted Shane, before I even asked them about it.

But anywhey, that's the end of my fucked up story.

2. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

Uhm, I avoided gay guys in high school. The one asked me out after I told my friend (ugh, not a good friend I guess) and well lets just leave that at no.

So I really don't know. I tend to stick to myself.

3. GeekDrew

GeekDrew aka DataDrew

Why did you avoid gay guys in high school? Any particular reason?

4. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

I never had any negative experiences, but on the other hand, I'm extremely selective as to who I tell.

5. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

They tended to associate with the druggy people. I didn't want no part in that, and still don't. Also, they all were kind of slutty. I just avoided it. It doesn't help that I found none of them very attractive either.

Hm, this was only a year or 2 ago.

6. GeekDrew

GeekDrew aka DataDrew

Good reason. I would have most likely done the same.

7. Insey

Insey I can feel my cunt contracting

To the people I've come out to, everyone has thought it was a joke. The hardest part is not coming out, but rather getting people to believe you.

8. LoveBack

LoveBack Guest

No negative experiences here. The only one I was concerned about was my ma. Came out to her during a heated argument hoping it would break her heart, but she actually thought it was cool. Go figure.

9. Insey

loveback are you a guy?

10. NOVAJock

No. He's a big girl. Totally not your type Insey.

11. GND

GND BBP! OT Supporter

:mamoru:

12. Insey

Hmm I'm trying to filter through the sarcasm :rofl: So does that mean it's a boy or a girl? :dunno:

13. NOVAJock

Nevermind.