Coming out of the woodwork

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by radfad88, Mar 12, 2008.

1. radfad88

radfad88 The Batman-O-Lantern

I know I've posted a few threads this week, but I feel this is relivent and I wanted some input as to why this happens...

I came home for a few days (spring break) and now pretty much everyone back home that I'm friends with knows that I'm in a relationship/really happy right now. My question is why is it that 'interested parties' always seem to come out in swarms when you are clearly in a happy relationship?

For example, since I've been back, a couple of my friends/aquaintences from back home have told me "Yeah I see you have a boyfriend now, don't blame me if I'm a little jealous", "You know that I really had a thing for you for a while, it sucks that you're with someone right now", "I wish you would have been single just a little longer, I was totally gonna ask you on a date" These are people who either never said ANYTHING before, or just casualy flirted with me before I started dating the SO.

I've seen this done a lot to each other over the years by both sexes to and my question is why do people feel the need to tell you these things NOW? I have a theory that it's because when you're in a relationship there's a REASON you would reject them (ie: "oh sorry but I have a boyfriend") and it makes the rejection a little less harsh. Whereas, if you're single and you turn someone down, it's simply because you don't want that person at all.

Obviously there's more to this and it's really made me interested to find out why people do this.

Any thoughts?

2. radfad88

radfad88 The Batman-O-Lantern

ps, i've been drinking a little tonight so excuse any typos/errors in that post... haha

3. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

It's because now they don't even have to fear rejection. They know you're taken and they know the answer is no before they even say anything.

4. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

no fear of rejection coupled with people are more attractive when they aren't available.

5. controvert

controvert OT Supporter

People want what they can't have.

6. Kreigore

Kreigore New Member

Exactly.

7. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Because you obviously appear happier and more confident. This happens to almost everyone BTW. It's always kinda funny to me. Usually guys I never knew liked me show up.

8. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

because now they know you are

a) stable enough to have a gf
    b) the gf likes you, so u must be good @ something
    c) dont have to worry about you telling anyone
    d) assume you are 'std free' since you havent been sleeping around
    e) and what beer said

could be a mix of all of those.

9. iwishyouwerebeer

She's a girl. Just so you know.

10. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

Just know that most of what they're saying about how they were "going to ask you out" is complete bullshit. it's definitely a "what do i have to lose" situation...they expect to be turned down but who knows?

11. uwofrost

uwofrost New Denver Crew

They are saying that in hopes you are willing to cheat... they are simply fishing for some ass in a non agressive way. I know this tactic.... works more often than you think... I have had many of girls that cheat on their BF... I know im a dick....

12. Yuppy

oops.... oh then it could be now they are seeing you as a sexual object (it took me fucking my buddies friend who was a girl for them to start dating once... they lived together for a year, then broke up and she fucked 2 black dudes the next week)

13. 2angelmd

2angelmd New Member

I used to do that when I was insecure. Definitely makes rejection easier to stomach.

14. uwofrost

uwofrost New Denver Crew

its not about rejection.... its a simple way to test the waters... and sometimes sets up some easy ass cause they may think of you when the break up happens.... nothing wrong with being some rebound ass.

15. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

How do girls feel about the fact that most of their male friends are [probably] their friend because they want to fuck them?

Obviously they like you for more then that as they are your friend, but if you were not attractive would they be your friend?

16. Yuppy

you know xapuim is pretty well right.... either they have something they want or are friends with someone they want to fuck.... or have already fucked and just liked them for them

17. uwofrost

uwofrost New Denver Crew

The only girls guys are fiends with are girls they have known since they were little kids.... and they see them as a sister or somthing.... so every other girl is one you want to fuck or you have some other benefit from.

18. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I've never heard of this happening to women :rofl:

It happens to guys all the time tho.

19. iwishyouwerebeer

Are you serious??? Literally every time I start dating someone new within the first 3 months at least 2 guys come out of the woodwork to try and shake shit up and see if I'm into them or if I'd leave my current bf for them. Ever since I was in high school. 3 came out of the woodwork when I started dating my current almost 2 years ago, but they always quit eventually.

20. Exiled

Exiled New Member

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

21. iwishyouwerebeer

:hsugh: Wat?

22. Exiled

Exiled New Member

You just had to put that in my head didn't you. :wtc:

23. iwishyouwerebeer

:coolugh: WTH? It doesn't happen to every girl, nor does it happen to every guy I'm sure. I think it mostly happens to me because I'm friends with so many guys, and it's always as if the second I'm actually taken they pick up their balls and think, "Hmm, let me ask her out now...that way if she says no I can blame it on the fact that she has a boyfriend."

24. uwofrost

uwofrost New Denver Crew

I guess the guys you know are dumb as hell. I dont know what you look like or anything so i assume you are atleast moderatly attractive to knockout. If the guy really liked you they wouldnt just shrink away. They would make sure their feeling were known and would buck up and make a real effort. Anyone that just throws it out there is only looking for ass. Also be sure not to give off the wrong impression if you wouldnt date a guy even if you were single. That just leads men to believe they have a chance when they dont. Nothing worse than being mislead...