LGBT Coming out discussion

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by MapleLeaf, Jan 9, 2006.

1. MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf New Member

As we post more and more questions and answers in the sticky thread, should we be discussing any comments/thoughts people have in that thread or in a separate, discussion thread?

My thoughts are if we do it in that thread, than anyone reading it may get too distracted by the different opinions or commentary on only 1 or 2 thoughts and miss the overall context of what is being said.

Also, if someone has a question about coming out, but is afraid to post, is it ok for them to PM a mod, have then post the question saying an anonymous user wants to know this? They do that now in the Asylum forum and I think it is a great idea.

2. sholnay

sholnay New Member

these are good ideas - and i doubt a mod would mind posting for someone - but hey, i can only speak for me :)

3. Josey

Josey New Member

'Tis a good Idea.... ***Yellin for Nova*** Hey, gotta nuther sticky post for ya to make. :coolugh:

4. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

im afraid to come out, so i always dodge the subject...completely :hsd:

5. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

Randy's ideas here are all great.

Here's CoCo's :wackit: of approval...

6. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

:hsd:

7. MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf New Member

Some thoughts and background

As I get ready to add another chapter to the coming out thread, I want to provide a bit of background.

First off I was quite offended when I read the thread about me not liking lostandfound. I don't know him so how can I like or not like him?

In various threads I have laughed and joked with many of you about sex etc. For a few of you we have had conversations via PM, email or by phone about a number of topics... me being me will usually make a sexual comment somewhere along the line. That is part of my humour, it is part of who I am.

That being said I want to state something up front, as much as I laugh and joke about sex, I am actually a very conservative individual. I don't believe in 1 night stands and generally am only in favour of sex within a relationship. Yes I have commented to a couple of you that you should come up here, and you are very welcome to do so. BUT if you do come, it is in the concept of talking, sharing and helping each other. The chances that sex would happen are very slim.

As much as I laugh and joke, at the end of the day I am a Minister (no not ordained yet, but still live the role). One of the aspects of being a Minister is that we are called to live to a higher standard. How can I counsel someone on an issue if I turn around and act the opposite? Ethically I can't.

So if we are talking at some time and I joke about sex, understand it is only a joke.

When I settle down with a person again, that person will accept and understand the values I live my life by; it is not an area of negotiation.

That is all. If you have any questions on this, please PM me.

And yes, if you have any questions on coming out, or are unsure of how to deal with all the shit life throws at you, I am happy to help in anyway I can.

Merci.