Comic Book Superhero Backstories #1: Iron Man

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Joe_Cool, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

I never had the time or inclination to get into comic books when I was young, and the few that I did buy (Daredevil), I quit because it was too frustrating. I hated taking my 50¢ and getting 10 pages of ads with my 10 pages of 4 or 5 panels - split among 2 or three stories. It felt like watching 4 minutes of a show at a time.

So anyway, now I regret it, and I want to know about all the cool superheroes and how they came about.

So to start off, can some comic book guys tell me about Iron Man? Is he really metal, or is he a guy in a suit? Is the black sabbath song about the same guy? Or is it completely unrelated?

2. Hiero

Hiero New Member

He's a guy in a suit. It was originally just a chest plate because of a heart condition he had. He later add more and more stuff to it until it became a iron suit. Don't know about the Sabbath song.

3. Juke

Juke What am I supposed to put here?

Yes, It is a man in a suit. he has a rocket pack and missles and everything (well, what I got from the animated Spider man tv show anyway) I think he is a scientist or something of the sort