TAT Colored Tats??

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Madness, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Madness

Madness Do not let Dr. Mario touch your genitals. He is no

How well do they normally come out? I wanna get some bright colors (red & white) but I'm not sure if I'll like like the final results.. Whats the probability of the color fading? :noes: Would skin complexion affect the color?

I wanna get this on my wrist but I don't think the ink will be bright enough..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2005
  2. joy division

joy division New Member

red ink comes out great, but the brighter the color the faster it will fade....white on the other hand... :hsugh:

3. sphinx

sphinx New Member

yeah i dont think that white would be such a good idea on ur skin. You should prolly just let the white be the color of your flesh

4. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

I've got some white on my tat... its faded some, but still there after a year.

5. Kalaman

Kalaman Guest

This is almost 3 years old now

[​IMG]

6. D

D A guiltless state of self awareness.. The process

If they do white, ask for, & be prepared to let them dig. I have white in one of my tatts. Like the pic above mine's at least five years old, & still in pretty good shape.
    You may end up wanting a touchup down the line, though.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2005
  7. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

i have yellow thats almost 10yrs old and its still bright as the day i got it. as long as you properly care for your tattoos they shouldnt fade quickly at all.

8. Madness

:cool: That's what I'm looking for if it can maintain that brightness for at least 3 years then I wouldn't mind going in for a touch up. Thanks for the suggestions everyone I'll try to check out a few more white tats and if they don't look right then I will go with flesh instead.

9. xela

xela So say we all!

I have red in one my tattoos. I properly maintain it and it is still as bright as the day I got it too. I don't have any white, but I know a couple people who do. I like it alot. It might not be as bright as another color, but the effect is really nice.

10. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

the problem with white is that the larger the section of it the more its not going to look white. tattoos are under your skin so the pigments always have a skin-toned layer over top of them. most patches of white will turn a slighty creamy color the more you tan. most artists only use white as a highlight. we have customers come in daily to get Canadian flags done, we always leave the white section as skin-tone.

11. joy division

joy division New Member

also if you go to a quality place you should get free touchups for life, no questions asked.

Almighty- thats what I'm hoping for mine, it will never see the sun/chlorine or other bad things. Mine is VERY bright yellow and blue :hs:

12. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

Agreed. I have some bright magenta colors in mine and I think it looks terrific. Its all about the aftercare..and not just during the healing process. The best tip my artist gave me was Sunscreen over the tattoo. Sun damage is probably one of the leading causes of fading for tattoos. Being fair complected , i avoid buring myself anyway but I am especially careful to put sunscreen on any area of my tattoo that might get sun coverage, even if only for a few hours.

13. Julu

Julu Member

All my tats are black with shading, which could be done very nicely with the pic you've shown (btw, I'm a Chevy girl myself! :hsugh: ) I think these days coloured tats have come a long way and the ink is of better quality. And from what the consensus is from all the peeps with colour, sounds like you're good to go...but that will be a lot of white though.

Good luck and keep us posted!:hsd:

Ju

14. Madness

Haha, the whites only gonna be on the inside checkers on the left flag. The rest of the white in the pic is gonna be flesh. I'll definitly keep you guys updated, Im gonna start looking around for parlors on Friday. Hopefully I'll be going under the needle sometime next week. :wiggle:

15. Madness

Well thats one of the things I was concerned about, I'm fairly dark skinned (deep caramel to be exact) so Im not sure how the white ink will come out when combined with my natural complexion. Creamy might be ok as long as its not too dark, so I'm gonna have to see it in person before I can make a decision. :hs:

16. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

well that changes things. if you're dark skinned DON'T get white ink. its not gonna be white or creamy at all. it will come out patchy. its best to just leave it skin tone.

17. neebelung

neebelung Guest

I've got green, yellow, a bit of hot pink and some red.... the red and green have stayed true (it's about 6 years old, and I'm NOT good about remembering to put sunscreen on it, but it's on my ankle, so it doesn't get sun exposure unless I'm at the beach/pool). The yellow and hot pink have faded a bit, and could use touch-up, I'm sure... but they're not horrible.

However, I'd think reeeeeally long and hard about the content of that tattoo... I mean, to each his own, but I do have a friend who got the Chevy bowtie tattooed on his upper arm, and then when he considered buying a different truck, everyone gave him so much crap about it, that he changed his mind. Stupid that he allowed them to influence him? Yes. But just make sure you're a Corvette fan for LIFE, or you may regret it later.