Colored contact lenses

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by AustinL911, Jul 6, 2007.

1. AustinL911

AustinL911 Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

I've been thinking about the idea of changing eye color as mine is pretty, blah. Now, I have damn near perfect vision as it is. No glasses, never wore contacts, never had surgery...

Anybody use colored contacts strickly for asthetic purposes?

How do you go about obtaining a set?

Will a set of non-corrective lenses hurt my vision?

I'm not talking about wearing these 24/7. Just out on weekend nights and such.

:eek4:

2. m1lk

m1lk New Member

if you have dark colored eyes, dont even bother. everything will just come out black.

3. AustinL911

AustinL911 Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

green with a hint of blue?

4. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

I don't see why they would cause any damage.

The pigment they use is pretty opaque, so even if you have dark brown eyes, you can lighten them up quite a bit. I had a Japanese coworker who went hazel :dunno:

5. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

if you're eyes are light, try to go for a pair of enhancers. They will really make you're eyes look amazing. Simply go to an optometrist and tell them you want colored contacts just to have them. They have sample of just about every color in their office without powers. Depending on what brand you get, you'll probably pay around 30-40$/box. I pay about $36/box (of six) of my Acuvue Colors.

6. ovraiment?

ovraiment? New Member

I don't know what shitty opt. office you are going to. But usually you have to set an appointment. You go to the Dr. office and he will need to check your prescription (even if you are 20/20) and get your base curve.

Don't be suprised if they don't have the color you're looking for in stock as a sample, usually the samples are just for fit and visibility. Anyways, they will order it, and once it comes in, they SHOULD have the doctor or optician train you on application and use.

7. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

I've been wearing glasses/contacts for over 10 years, I'm sure I would have noticed my optometrist being shitty.. :hs:

He can walk into generally any Lenscrafter, America's Best, Walmart Vision, etc. as a walk-in. Albeit it he won't be guaranteed they can pencil him in, it's worth a shot. No need spending $$$$$ out of pocket to go to an extraordinary optometrist to get contacts for fashion reasons only. Never once have I been to my optometrist that she didn't have the sample color or brand in the contacts I was interested in. Optometrists usually keep these on hand. Pretty obviously speaking, they will have to be ordered, and even more obviously speaking, said OP will probably be made to take an eye examination. Next time, I'll make sure to post step by step instructions so that I don't have to assume everyone reads between the lines.. :hsd:

8. ovraiment?

ovraiment? New Member

or you can leave the words "simply" out of your reply, because it isn't that simple, it will take him some time and money.

bottom line he wont be able to stop into an opt place, drop 30 bucks and get some contacts

it will cost him ~170 for the exam alone.

9. Gek

Gek Go for broke

wtf 170$ for a contact exam? where the fuck do you get your contacts? i pay half that.

10. Baited

Baited Fur Ballin OT Supporter

wait you need an appointment to visit the doctor wtf?! :run:

shut the fuck up you're just acting like a bitch. it's fucking obvious to everyone but you that she was just giving a brief explanation and anyone that has ever been to an optometrist knows the procedure

11. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

12. kEVOgt350

kEVOgt350 Like a flashlight on but lost, my energy's there b

so.....OP! :wavey:

i doubt non-corrective contacts would hurt your vision as it doesn't damage the eyes of corrective contact users. this is only true if you use them properly though. it's not the end of the world if once in a while you forget and leave them on over night, but try to avoid it. the longest ive left mine in was 3 days and ive gone a month and a half on one pair of lenses. i dont recommend it :hsugh: they say change em every 2 weeks, but i usually go 3. ive been using em for 9 years and my eyes show no damage :)

13. softlips

softlips New Member

For just special occasions I say go for it.

If anyone is getting them for everyday wear...just really make sure the colour suits you. Way too many people I know are freaky looking because it just does not mesh with their appearance. I think it's the opaque ones. Just too unnatural for my tastes.

14. Soren

Soren OT Supporter

because different eye color looks better on people. why not look better? you're faking it everyday when you wear good clothes instead of shitty wal-mart brands.

15. Chau

Chau if i wanted to kill you, i would've come in here s

also didnt original poster only say he wants to wear them when going out at night :o seems kinda dumb to wear them out at night, then during the day w/ the same people you hang out w/ u have your natural eye color :o don't see what the point is :dunno:

16. kEVOgt350

kEVOgt350 Like a flashlight on but lost, my energy's there b

get the darth maul eyes and post pics :x:

17. Jacy

Jacy red lipstick brigade

i think it'd be fun to have grey or light brown color contacts. i met someone with similar pigment skin/hair to me, and he looked great with light brown contacts..it didnt look odd like when asians wear blue, because it was more subtle