Color Profile Help

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ( * )( * ), Mar 12, 2008.

1. ( * )( * )

( * )( * ) OT Supporter

I just stepped over to the dark side with a new MBP. This is my first apple product and so far so good, with the exception of getting my color profiles to match up. I recently calibrated using a getrag macbeth eye-one display 2 and started noticing certain colors were off when viewed in Safari and Firefox.

Here are some samples of what I'm referring to:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The 'correct' version is the firefox version, which I understand as not being color managed. It is the most accurate representation of what the picture is supposed to look like. These are the originals for your reference:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

How do I get the colors to match what Firefox looks like? Also, CS3 looks like Safari, which isn't 'correct'.

Thanks,

Jason

2. SugarCoatedSour

SugarCoatedSour OT Supporter

I have the same pains with my MBP as well, but I haven't calibrated display yet, though. :sad2:

3. IcyHot4Life

IcyHot4Life Str8 Ballin'

:rofl: I thought you were on crack when you posted the originals, until I remembered that I'm looking at this thread in safari :o

google 'safari color correction', there are more than a couple articles out there about this discrepancy.

http://walkah.net/blog/walkah/safari-color-problems <-- some of the comments in that blog post look helpful