LGBT Cologne Help

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by sholnay, Jul 28, 2005.

1. sholnay

sholnay New Member

I dunno - I dont really have the option of going to a store right now to try out some scents.

Im purchasing a cologne for a friends B-day - "BY" by D&G. The site im purchasing from says if I spend 27$ more, i get free shipping - being the thrifty gay that I am - i obviously cant pass that up. So - what the hell do I get? Right now I have Hugo by HB and I have Romance by RL. I LOVE Romance - but not sure if I wanna buy a full bottle of it. Also, Im looking around and I see romance silver - maybe I should get that?

I previously had Acqua Di Gio (sp?) and I liked it - but it was a little too fruity for me (not gay - but fruity fruity - like apples and oranges ;) )

Anyone have a recommendation based upon what I just said there? I enjoy the fresh/lightly fruity/musky scents....

2. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

3. sholnay

sholnay New Member

hmmm duly noted jock - im thinkin i might give him a shot... we'll see.. i will make my decision in t-2 hours. :big grin:

4. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

Alright, cologne guru in the house!

I'm wearing Soul by Hugo Boss right now, and I've gotten nothing but complements on it. You gotta understand that different colognes are going to smell slightly different on different people.

Rob's right; Fierce by A&F is nice, so is Drift by Hollister...as I've been saying for the past year. Anyway, it really depends on the guy.

If he has a more naturally musky smell --> which is a HUGE turn-on for me, then something like Fierce, Touch (by Burberry), and especially Carolina Herrera 212 On Ice, will work really well. If he doesn't have much of a natural scent, then the summer smells like: LaCoste Style in Play or Kenneth Cole Reaction will work well for him since they're lighter.

Lemme know if you need more assistance. :)

5. lhornAN1

lhornAN1 Wanna Hug it out, bitch?

Fierce- A&F

6. sholnay

sholnay New Member

thanks everyone =)

The friend im buying the cologne for already knows what he wants - so thats the a problem - the problem is more me - I dunno what my smell is - i dunno if im more musky than not and only one person here could probably tell you - but i dunno if he knows either :mamoru:

Anyway, I'll keep all this in mind in my future purchases - next time I buy cologne, i'll definitely go to a store and try them out first =)

as far as just showering and putting on the deodorant - ya, thats what I do most of the time - but I dont like that all the time.

7. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member