colleges

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by blooddemon666, Aug 25, 2007.

1. blooddemon666

blooddemon666 New Member

Everyone talks about how great colleges are to go to meet people... but I go to a community college... and it has a somewhat different air about it. Like people are just there to take class, then leave to go home/work.

was wondering if I'm wasting my time trying to meet people at college. I'm getting really sick of hanging out with my normal group of friends. all we do is meet up with the same people, doing the same shit, week after week. I try to recommend something new and interesting and they look at me like I have 3 heads.

2. haargerman

haargerman ayuh.

Transfer to a state school?

3. hellyea2650

hellyea2650 New Member

4. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Well, after two years there you transfer but I wouldn't say you are wasting your time. Some classes are great for meeting people and some are not so great. Math sucks to meet people but your fun classes like Sociology and Stagecraft you will meet a ton of people who are less serious and more playful.

5. blooddemon666

blooddemon666 New Member

part of my problem is my degree... I'm going for a degree in Information Systems Technology, so about 70% of my classes are for computers, and there are NO fun people in those classes. 60% are guys that are in/out of the military, and that's all they talk about, 20% are really nerdy guys and only 10% are people that are actually interesting.

6. Frank da Tank

Frank da Tank New Member

It's a community college. If you are looking for the crazy college party life, you need to go to a real college.

7. Tiberium

Tiberium Active Member

you're screwed... community college sucks and when u do transfer to a 4 year...all of the freshmen will have already made their close knit friends. Your best bet is to start taking some fun classes with people in it that you would want to meet...find a class where social interaction (not lecture) is the daily routine...like maybe a language class or activity based class.

8. giz

giz Active Member

meet people elsewhere

9. Aronomy

Aronomy Get your COME ON!

Not really, college isn't clique-y like high school.

10. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

my advice: Don't switch schools just to meet people. If the school you are at is good for your degree, stay there.

College CAN be an opportunity to meet people, but it doesn't have to be the ONLY opportunity.