SRS College not for me?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by WillH, Apr 3, 2006.

1. WillH

WillH Dreaming of that face again, it's bright, and blue

Nov 2, 2005
    So it's my freshman year in college and I've been doing pretty poorly. My classes don't interest me, I can't seem to motivate myself to succeed and I just feel a general sense of dread at continuing this treadmill. Recently I started thinking about not coming back next year and taking a year to sort everything out, just get a place with some friends, work and figure out where I want to go from there. I have relatively good computer skills and I figure I can hone them further through work. I'm just looking for some advice to take into consideration, am I wrong to think I can still succeed in life without going to college and getting a degree? Or should I try to stick it out through college? Anyway, thanks for any advice or insight anyone can give me.
  2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Oct 8, 2002
    Society doesn't really accept it, but school might just not be the thing for you.

My advice is to work, plus doing a side study besides it. Diploma's aren't a necessesary to survive, its however a determining factor of how much $ you earn.

You have to think in terms of levels, the lower your level the shittier your life, the higher your position the better your life + privileges you get.

That's a rough sketch of how it is, you might be fine for the rest of your life at your work.

Its true in materialistical sense, for when you look at other people , who are better off, the rich + educated, or the poor + ghetto people? Plus if you become unemployed it will be harder to get a job.

Everything in life points out that on a higher level you are better off.

If however if you dislike school that much, or don't have what it takes, or are unwilling to give what it takes, then your only creating a hell for yourself.

So my advice would be to get a job, and a study along with it so you can grow in the company you are working for. That way your life won't be on a stand still.

Theoretically it would be better if you'd get your diploma, practically i think you'd be more at ease at getting a job.