College Food Guide - tips?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by cassetti, Sep 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cassetti

cassetti New Member

So ive been working out for a good 3 months now - solid - been making great progress - i have a VERY low BMI - not been tested - but its quite obvious - and the fact that whatever muscle i am packing on - is getting defined so easily - its awesome

But anyway - yeah - i'm a college kid - with low money - and Little time.

my roommates have got me on the mindset of eating right - and because of them - i now eat at least one or two scrambled eggs a day - i know i know - it should be more - but yeah - i had to ration eggs for the past week - and i don't have a lot of time to clean up afterwards.

Anyway - so - I also have started eating tunafish - because i know that is also GREAT for weight lifting. - But i know about eating too much of that can cause issues due to the mercury in the tunafish.

So - what other FAST and simple foods do you guys reccomend i stock up on and eat. I would prefer foods that can be frozen or stored so they don't have to be eaten immediately (eggs obviously get eaten fast enough - and they don't spoil THAT fast like fresh fruit or something)

Thanks guys for any help you can offer.

When i say i'm working out - i mean i have a goal in my mind - and i'm really intent on finally getting built - all my friends are amazed at how much i've been filling out - i still have a long way to go - but i now feel the need to eat right - and work out the right way (i can thank my roommates for their influence and training - i work out with them almost every day)

2. cassetti

cassetti New Member

hmm - pot pies - good call there - Whats better for ya - chicken or turkey - i always hear chicken over beef - but what about turkey?

3. cassetti

cassetti New Member

Hahaha - just talking about the meat in general - but i agree - i hate turkey - too dry personally - and i hate beef - too stringy meat - and the sauce sucks

Chicken pot pies it is - more suggestions

if i am gona get freeze dried fruit - and i hate blueberries - what other fruits are exceptionally good for you?

4. nathanbx

nathanbx New Member

i woudlnt worry about the mercury

5. chizzle

chizzle New Member

Some article talking about mercury-content in tuna said one can a month.

6. chizzle

chizzle New Member

:dunno:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.