College couples

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Nev, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

What do you do when you move away from each other during the summer .. isn't it hard?

Since I've been in college I really haven't had/wanted a girlfriend sicne my freshman year. Anyway, this girl and I are involved pretty deeply now and whenever the semester ends for summer we'll be living like 9 hours apart. :hs:

I've been in a long distance relationship before and it sucked pretty badly. We've talked about it briefly and we both want it to work, but it just sucks.

How do you guys normally deal with it?

2. Tiberium

Tiberium Active Member

the smartest thing to do is to break up and go on with your lives

3. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

There are better solutions than that I think. Or rather, I hope.:hsd:

4. calisteph6

calisteph6 Active Member

Well...summer isn't that long and I dunno, when I was home for the summer I ended up doing jack shit. Plan some trips to see each other and stuff. If you want to make it work you can. I don't have any experience in it though actually.

5. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

My college gf (we dated for 3.5 years) would come visit me one day a week. She lived like an hour away. I don't know how you guys in other states do it. I know some people take trips to visit their SO during the summer...

6. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Before I say this, be aware that I'm 31 and I went to college and had a girlfriend the whole time.

Dude, why the hell would you have a girlfriend in college?

That makes no sense!

There are frisky young women everywhere! Why do you insist on being tied down to a woman you most likely will not marry, and even if you do marry her, odds are not good on it lasting.

I look back on my college days with lots of regret over having a woman. Lots of interesting chicks liked me, but I was never single! I'm sure lots of chicks like you too, and you should take the time to see what they are like WHILE YOU ARE YOUNG AND STILL CAN.

You have plenty of time in the future to be tied down. This part of your life will never come again! Enjoy it to the fullest!

7. goldfish

goldfish New Member

me and my bf are gonna go through the same thing next semester. uggggg im not looking forward to it.

8. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

I have enjoyed it to the fullest. I've been single the entire time until now. I'm a senior with 1 semester left. I never had a girlfriend for all the reasons you just posted...and to be honest, I wasn't looking for one at the time I met this girl either.

It was just a bunch of odd circumstances and we clicked instantly, and then boom, it happened...i'm in a relationship.

If you asked me the night that I met her, I was in no way, shape, or form looking for a relationship at the time. Some things just happen .. and it feels right :o

9. otherlank

otherlank OT Supporter

the summer is nothing. be glad you arent apart during the school year. if you want it to work, it will.

10. BradUF

BradUF Guest

This is why I let things go with my gf when I started college but ever since I have things have not been going so great and now I kinda regreat it.

11. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I think it's refreshing that you feel that way and aren't trying to convince yourself out of it. The thing is why stop something from progressing just because it might be tough in the future (I know summer session isn't for a while as it is). You have to let things come and face them when it's actually time to face them.

Last year I started dating a guy right before summer that was thinking of staying with a friend in Cali all summer (we live in FL), it was only April and he was panicking that it wouldn't work. I said to shutup and live in the present- and so we did, and when the time came he didn't actually stay there, but we decided even if he had what would happpen would happen. If a LDR didn't work out over the summer then oh well. If you want it to work out then you will try (trips, etc.). There's no use in stressing yourself out over it now.

12. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

It is hard, depending on what she is like there is a % chance of cheating.

Go to sosuave and find out how to detect unusual vibes. They can be very hard to pick up on.

13. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

you're a fucking wacko.

14. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

Dude, for real, quit pictching the sosuave.

15. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

I think if you both want to, you can make it work. I did the same thing for 3 years in college, and it worked out pretty well (when we finially moved in together, thats when it crapped out, but thats a different story entirely).
    Anyway, we were about 4 hrs apart and visited once or twice a month depending on our schedule.
    I think it works alot better in LDR's when there's a "light at the end of the tunnel" and you know you'll be back together after a certain point, which you've got. Go for it.

16. t0mt0m

t0mt0m Indeed...

i don't know of any long distance realtionship where someone in the realtionship cheats or something bad happens...if its for 2 months its okay, anything longer no

17. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Bah. My SO and I will have to deal with this crap this summer.
    I am moving to Jordan for three months.
    We live together and its more LTR though, so its different I guess.