TAT cold feet before a "tattoo party"

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by YoungMontana, Oct 1, 2005.

1. YoungMontana

YoungMontana New Member

how safe are they? I have full confidence in the artists work....from his catalog to the 5 he has done on my brother and countless on my friends...he has a license and all kinds of certificates-

he wears gloves, sterilizes everything, uses a new razor and opens a new needle package and loads the gun in front of you...but im still in the old tattoo shop is cleaner mindstate-

what are you guys thoughts on having a friend tattoo you outside of a shop...

2. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

shouldnt be done

3. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

what is a tattoo party? I was supposed to go over to a friend's house today to possibly get one, but I'm too damned chicken too. I don't personaly know this guy so I can't be too trusting. I want everything to be perfectly sterile and 'proper' (lack of a better term) and I can't see that happening in someone's house.

4. leeHA

leeHA New Member

Agree'd.

5. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

I assume it's like one of those tupperware/home/make-up parties...where you have a group of people get together at one house and the company representative (or in this case, tattoo artist) "sells" their products to whoever wants them at the party; in this case the tattoo artist is selling their services on the spot to anyone who wants a tattoo right then and there.

There was a group of pictures on bmezine before of a piercing party where a bunch of the girls attending decided that they wanted their nipples pierced on the spot by the piercer who was 'hired' to be there. All the pictures of nipples pierced at that party were of acrylic jewelry. :ugh:

Someone's home is not a proper office to do any kind of body mod in because there's just no way you can be sure that everything is sanitary. At least if you're at a piercer's shop then you know everything has the potential to be sanitary because they have everything on hand necessary to keep the area/tools clean, not to mention that they use that area often, so the chances of it being cleand daily are significantly higher than that of a room in someone's home.

6. kuzikan

kuzikan New Member

All I can say from first hand experience is try and stay away. My co-worker went to his cousins house because a tattoo artist was coming over to do a bunch of work on people and he would be able to get a discount because of the number of people there. Well, i having been getting tattoo's for 15 years advised against for sanitary as well as quality work reasons, but he said he wanted to go. He said the guy was a great artist and his cousin had work from him when he was at a shop. I mentioned that at a shop he has all the tools at his diposal as well as the input from other artist if needed. He would have to remember to bring everything he could possibly need on the first go around or risk not being able to do the work or do less than quality work. Well he went anyway. And he took his GF, he was the only one that got work done because the artist was 6 hours late and everyone else had to leave. He fought woht the artist 5 times to get his lettering right and when he finally inked it, it came out wiht two different styles of the letter "T". The area got infected because it was done in a garage and it looked like a jail house tatt with watered down colors and crooked lines. Now mind you, i have seen some nice jail house tatts, but there are also those that are less than stellar. One of our customers even asked if he had gotten the work done while he was "in". Needless to say my co-worker was furious and is now looking to get the peice redone larger to cover up what he doens't like. All I can say is i would rather go to a shop and see the artist doing work and happy customers, than to be upset at my friends house because of the outcome.

7. silsurf28

silsurf28 New Member

I've been to one annd got one tattoo, their were 2 guys doing art, and one guy doing piercing's ( got to see my neighbors tits when she got her nipples done- nice rack and always walks around in a bikini) I have no complaints, but need to watch the artist for awhile and see his work habits on others. Also watch to make sure he isn't drinking (alcohol).