Cold approach scenarios - what would you do?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Balzak, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Balzak

Balzak New Member

Scenario #1.

You're in line at the cafeteria and you see a girl who makes eye contact with you a couple of times. You think something might be there. She goes and sits down with a friend of hers and they begin to eat. You want to join them and talk to them.

What would your approach be if you were alone?
    What would your approach be if you were with a friend?

Scenario #2.

You're at a cafeteria and you see an attractive girl completely engrossed in her studying. You walk by and see what she's studying and it's a subject you know very little about.

How do you approach and converse with her?

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

first situation. Go to table, and ask "do you guys mind if I sit with you?" Go from there.

Second situation...don't go for it. If she is truly engrossed in studying, she's not looking to talk to people..she's looking to study. Approach her sometime when she isn't studying.

3. NCS

NCS Active Member

its obvious you haven't done this. in any scenario, saying hi and making small talk is acceptable

4. kiri

kiri New Member

not if she's studying :ugh2:

5. scarletbegonia

scarletbegonia New Member

you can't really go wrong with asking a girl how she is doing or complementing her. (unless she is a bitch.. in which case, you wouldn't want her anyway)

6. Bailey

Bailey OT Supporter

there is 0 pua skill in this thread. where are the experts ?

7. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

who the hell cares? It's a hypothetical situation...the OP would be better off going out and trying something in a real situation like this than sitting on his butt waiting for an Internet expert PUA" to come along and post in his thread.

And if you are qualified to judge what is good advice and what is not, where is your advice?

8. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Scenario 1 = She made eye contact with you a couple times... This is easy. Walk up to her and introduce yourself. Make small talk about what her major is, converse with a friend a bit... and you're in.

Scenario 2 = I normally wouldn't bother her out of respect for her "engrossed studying" but if you must: Buy two coffee's in the cafeteria line of something and walk by her and say "Hi, the guy/girl at the coffee shop gave me an extra coffee and I couldn't help noticing how hard you are studying... perhaps you could use a pick-me-up" Then you hand her the coffee.
    She might decline, but even if she does it's not the end... just feel out her vibes.

9. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

= "I didn't want to be swept off my feet because I was studying"

don't be useless

10. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

What do you describe as "sweeping her off her feet"?

11. JohnJohnJohnson

That's not the point.

I don't have the book on how to explain romance to cynics, but if you're looking for an analytical description, I'm thinking something like... 1. getting doggy dinner bowl eyes 2. bringing her into a happy place where a not insignificant portion of that happiness is the sheer randomness of it all

I think it's tragic that not everybody experiences this kind of thing... either giving it or receiving it.

However, that's not the point...

The point is that you need to get "game" that is tight enough to give people this sort of experience, the first step to which is asking "what would you do?"

Saying "I wouldn't want to be bothered" is assuming the OP is doomed before he's begun. "Sweeping me off my feet when I should have been studying" is not how Kiri was looking at it because she is envisioning some annoying chode bothering her (which is the OP right now) rather than some amazing person taking away her breath (which is the point on the horizon). Negative negative stuff :p

12. NCS

NCS Active Member

JJJ already broke it down for you but lets be really clear.

scenario 1. girl of your dreams is studying, and you "dont want to bother her" & never see her again. YOU LOSE here

scenario 2. girl of your dreams is studying, you start talking to her. your chances of hooking up or whatever u want to call it are greater than zero. much better, no?

13. kiri

kiri New Member

i am a girl, and if i was studying somewhere, like REALLY studying (not sitting with friends and kinda half studying) and someone approached me (who i don't know) my reaction would be "what do you want :ugh:" no matter who it was. it is not always appropriate to approach a girl!!

14. keysmachine

keysmachine New Member

in both scenarios thinking about how she will receive you is a self defeating mind set. Just assume interest. if you think about it you won't do the approach.

Scenario 1:
    Greet her with a little kinesthetic (kino) by touching her arm.. and saying

hey what's up? I was just about to sit at my table but I wanted to introduce myself? you new here?

Scenario 2:
    Just sit down and ask her what she's studying gauge her interest from her vocal cue if its uplifting, and engaged you can do no wrong from this point out just ask her a lot about the subject she's into.

approaching is pretty easy man, all you need to do is have confidence. If you greet any of the above women stuttering and bumbling over your words it doesn't matter how many IOI's (indicators of interest) you get you'll still fail.

15. keysmachine

keysmachine New Member

oh c'mon if some guy engaged you and really sparked up a good convo are you telling me that you wouldn't warm up to him and conversate yourself?

if you say you wouldn't you'd be lying.

16. JohnJohnJohnson

yeah but if you fell in love with him, thanks to that first meeting, that would be good, right

17. NCS

NCS Active Member

JJJ made the emotional argument, i'm going to make the logical one. It is not because it wouldn't work with you that it wouldn't work with any girl. So he should try. If you don't try you fail by default.

18. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

:rofl:

yeah.....

19. CodeX

CodeX Guest

You guys are completely pathetic. The very reason you fail is because you think of girls as objects to be picked up. Ever think of simply forming NATURAL friendships with people and then going from there? Every girlfriend I have had evolved from a natural friendship and EVERY one of them has been long term and meaningful. Unless you are trying to get as many STD's as possible, "PUA" is the dumbest idea ever.

20. kiri

kiri New Member

no, and i'm not lying. sometimes i (just like everyone else) really want to be left alone and do my thing. if i wanted to meet guys, i would put myself in a situation where that'd be appropriate.

21. CodeX

CodeX Guest

These guys are morons, they are clueless. What seems like common courtesy to you and me seems like a missed opportunity to these selfish pricks.

22. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

:rofl: you had a decent post going, but a little self restraint would have gone a long way. you just couldn't help yourself, could you? :rofl:

23. CodeX

CodeX Guest

no, I couldn't /shame

:mamoru:

24. kiri

kiri New Member

the type of guy i'd be interested in wouldn't approach someone who was busy studying just to shoot the breeze. it's just rude :hsughno:

25. JohnJohnJohnson

sexual innocence can even be cute in the very young, but in adults it is repellent.

the guy of your dreams interrupts you (as politely as possible) while you are studying, versus the guy of your dreams never meets you.. and you are taking the former stance just to stick to your e-guns in some internet forum

i have no idea what you think you are doing for this thread but yeah most people would not want to pass up on, say, falling in love because the guy who was interested in them was too polite to start a conversation.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2007