TAT Coincidence or a bad sign?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Crawling Dead, May 28, 2009.

1. Crawling Dead

Crawling Dead Gz-TeRRoR

So I had my appointment for my tattoo today. Now, when I made the appointment, the artists apprentice had told me the shop opens at 11 AM, and my appointment was at 11:30. Now, I was kinda freaking out because I was running late, I generally like to show up about 15 minutes early for a tattoo appointment to get the paperwork filled out, and if the guy wants to set up early, it gives him a little more time (FYI, if everything is already set up when I get there, Pigment out and needle ready, I'll make the guy do it again in front of me so I can watch, or I wont get it done).

So I was a little worried because I arrived at the place at about 11:25, only to find a locked door. But whatever, I shrugged it off, figured maybe I misunderstood the guy when he told me, maybe he meant the place opened at 11:30 and thats when my appointment would be. So I waited. Five minutes turned into ten, ten into fifteen and so on. At 11:50, a car pulls up and the apprentice goes to the door to open up.

Well what the fuck is this? So I go in and talk to the guy. He said the artist's mother was recently diagnosed with cancer and the artist needed today off to take care of her, I guess his mom only has like one or two weeks left to live. So I ended up being dissapointed and rescheduled.

So, now my question is. Should I take this as bad luck? Or a clear sign of a bad shop? I've never gotten a tattoo at this place, but my sister in law did, I saw the tattoo she had done and it looked good, and she said the guy was very professional, so I took her word for it.

2. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

life happens

3. Crawling Dead

Crawling Dead Gz-TeRRoR

Dont get me wrong, if dudes mom is sick, I feel for the guy, that sucks. And I dont believe anyone would go so far as to lie about something like this to keep fate with a potential customer. I'm just asking OT if this abscence is a sign of a bad shop, or just an unexpected hiccup

4. notcreative

notcreative New Member

I'd say shit happens and you are reading too much into it.

If it happens again, then maybe worry or not. I was accidently double booked by my shop a couple of weeks ago, they felt bad and are going to make it up to me, but life happens.

5. SmokeDog420

SmokeDog420 New Member

tis a sign!! LoL..

6. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

and I answered...

7. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

Dude had a family emergency... shit happens.

8. eelliiss

eelliiss Active Member

You'll get cancer if you're tattooed by him. :noes:

9. meshuggahn

meshuggahn New Member

If the artists work is worth it then dont worry about it and just reschedule. If its just some random wanker then go elsewhere.

10. sorryforya

sorryforya New Member

I would be pretty pissed off if my artist bailed on me without letting me know first but like everyone said, shit happens. But he could have at least had his apprentice tell you before hand.

On another note, I went to this artist to get my first tattoo done, he kept rescheduling me and so I canceled. Prob the best decision I made because my next artists I found were great.