coffee date?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by pandemonium, Dec 18, 2005.

1. pandemonium

pandemonium New Member

ideas for a good coffee date?

This is a first date..

I usually mess up on my first couple dates of meeting someone and things always go irreversibly wrong..
    :squint:

I really like this girl and don't want to f this up..

2. pbw

pbw New Member

:eek3:

3. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

Coffee isn't a bad idea.. Im doing this tommorow too.. well and we might go see a movie or do something after as well..

It keeps things super casual and open for either parties to leave fast if something goes wrong ( if you're at dinner in a restaurant and eating you have to wait until you're finished, paid the bill ect.. )

Coffee is also relatively inexpensive which for a first date you shouldn't be trying to impress a girl in any way other than being yourself...

Coffee always for small talk and long conversations normally in a comfortable place where other people are doing the same.. go with the flow and good luck :)

4. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Think about when you're with a girl and she sits there and talks about herself about all the college she is going to do, the cars she is going to buy, and all the stuff she has. Pretty annoying, isn't it?

Just don't talk about yourself while you are there. People love to talk about themselves, and girls love a guy who can listen. Keep asking her open-ended questions about herself and make her talk about herself at least 75% of the time. We already know girls like talking, especially about themselves, so by you asking questions, it will make it seem like you care about what she is saying.

Foolproof way of getting her to like you!

5. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

But you should in some respect care about what she is saying if you like her.. unless you're just trying to get poon.

6. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Definitely --- If you don't care about what she is saying, she will probably pick up on it after you aren't giving very detailed responses.

Have to be sincere, because she probably is used to having guys not listen to her.

(Ooops, in my previous post I did make it sound like you were expected to not care what she was saying.)

7. jonno

jonno New Member

:werd: just make sure you are actually listening. they can tell

8. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

yup.. well my situation is different too.. I already sorta know this girl ( we've been talking on the phone every night for like 2 weeks )

9. The Secretary

The Secretary My domestic skills will rock your socks off!

i would love to go with my bf on a coffee date, as these other people have said listen to her. The coffee place sounds like a good idea its a somewhat intimate setting so a great place for conversation, and depending on the place casual so you dont have to dress up more than a nice pair of dockers and dress sweatshirt. Good job picking the place.

10. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Hm. I always try to ask a lot of questions about her so I can get to know her on a first date. If she asks about me, I play around and give non-serious answers - at least off the bat.

This might be a good read for you - if you can read between the lines so to speak.

http://www.askmen.com/dating/doclove_300/306_relationship_expert.html

Notice there are also some links at the right for First Date. Dunno if they are any good, but they might give you some ideas.

11. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

I read through some of that site.... looks like a bunch of mind-game crap to me. :hsugh:

12. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

You know what is so fucking funny to me? I could sit here and give you some of the advice I learned from that site and others, and you'd thank me because it's usually GOOD advice. But when I give you the direct link to the source where you can learn it all for yourself, everyone calls it crap. :noes:

I think people are just too fucking lazy to do their own research and want "easy answers." No wonder so many guys are pathetic at picking up women. You won't invest the time to learn about yourself.

Women often spend months if not YEARS talking to their friends about relatinships, reading all those stupid magazines, and trying to figure out guys and all guys do is playing video games, skateboard, and work on cars.

Get it?

13. BlazinBlazer Guy

It isn't my fault that they present it poorly.

Whoa there.... way to make hasty generalizations that simply aren't universally true. Especially not when you're referring to me.

I get it, but do you? Hop on down off that high horse there.

14. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

Im agreeing with this guy... no girl likes a guy that can read them head to toe 24/7.

They like playing the mind and relationship games for a reason and any guy that has done enough research to know what the hell is always going on is gonna make a girl get pretty bored pretty fast.

This jackass professor talks like he thinks your a complete inexperienced idiot and half of what he says would land you without a girl in 5 seconds if you followed it exactly.

15. dew

dew Banned

those are awesome...just have stuff to talk about and dont be boring

16. dark cloud

dark cloud New Member

This makes no sense. Lets follow your logic.

Person A knows what attracts women
    Person B doesn't know what attracts women
    Therefore, person B will get more women

err....?

That's like saying you're going to get an A on all your college exams for not studying. It doesn't make sense.

And to the original threat poster, yeah it's a great idea for a first place. I've had a couple first dates at Panera and they went well too.

17. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

Im just saying that knowing everything about a women isn't going to make them like you any more than working off a small experience...

Last edited: Dec 22, 2005
  18. dark cloud

dark cloud New Member

It really will - that's why there are all of these seduction sites and ebooks. I know from personal experience. I used to be such a loser when it came to women, but I started reading up on this stuff in the last year and a half and it has helped me immensely in my success. Instead of being the friend to all of these girls, I now stand a fighting chance to have relationships. Before I heard of people like David Deangelo I had a dated a total of 3 women in my life. 3. But, since I have put in time and effort to study this stuff i've dated 5 times that. Do yourself a favor and read "The Game" by Neil Strauss. It's a story of a guy who went from having mediocre success with women to being the greatest pick up artist in the world. It's a great read.

19. dark cloud

dark cloud New Member

What parts? I'm actually surprised at how much of it is good advice. Most of the articles i've read from mens and womens magazines give shitty advice.

20. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

Does a number really matter? I've never dated but I'm close to and you know what if I had it my way.. I would only date once in my life then marry. When a relationship goes bad is when you start thinking about dating another person.

But this post is going sooo off topic.

21. BlazinBlazer Guy

What the hell.... English? I don't even see anything comprehendable in this post :wtf:

22. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

k ill redo it for you...

"Does A Number Really Matter?" - How many different women you have dated

"I've never dated" - A girl..

"I'm close to and if I had it my way" - I'm close to finally getting into a relationship and if I had it my way... she would be the only person I date for the rest of my life and end it at marriage..

BASICALLY: I think going into a relationship everyone should think that it is going to last forever otherwise it's stupid if you have it set in the back of your head this wont be the one.. because if it's not why bother? Maybe it's the way I think maybe some others too <shrug>.

23. dark cloud

dark cloud New Member

Yeah, I think it does. Your post said that reading these materials doesn't help and I responded saying that it does indeed help and with my numbers to back it up.

Honestly i'd like to date alot before getting married. No rush for me.

24. BlazinBlazer Guy

AH! OK, makes sense now. And to that end, I say :werd:

25. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

That was supposed to be a joke, and obviously you're supposed to make up something that fits in with your own sense of humor...

Oh, you know what I forgot to point out?

The AskMen site has a ton of authors, and MOST OF THEM SUCK. I was just pointing out that one guy - Doc Love - and his articles. I found them to be very helpful because they mostly focus on self improvement and opening your eyes and seeing the reality of the situation.

I gave that link to a friend and he bought the book, read it a few times, then went on a date, and at the end of the first date he put together all the pieces this chick gave him and realized she was still screwing her ex. He told me before he never would have seen it, and now he feels like he has xray vision.

All it does is help you think differently.