Coffee addicts...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Crazzy_Al, Jun 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crazzy_Al

Crazzy_Al New Member

Do we have any here? If so, how much would you say you drink a day? If you drink decaf, don't even post up, that's not coffee. :big grin:

What, if any, adverse effects are there from coffee in respect to weight loss, and/or lifting?

2. WeRdToYoMoThA

WeRdToYoMoThA Girlies on Standby, Waiting to say Hi

not a weekday goes by where i dont drink at least 2 in the morning.

i have to be at work by 6:15, and i usually cant get to bed until midnight or so. ive had days where i needed 5 cups before.

3. Moolex

Moolex New Member

Caffeine may constrict the valves of your heart making it harder for you to recover during a workout

4. Dobis P.R.

Dobis P.R. Guest

If you're getting enough sleep and eating well enough you shouldn't need caffeine.

5. Two toys

Two toys New Member

werd. you just need to drop the addiction.

it may feel like you need the caffeine to wake up but thats just what caffeine cravings feel like.

i havent drank any form of caffeine in over a year. I get 5 hours of sleep a night and still manage through my days.

i actually had 1 cup the other day of regular coffee just to see what it would do. i got so light headed and jittery it was horrible.

i used to have atleast 3 shots of espresso and 2 redbulls a day plus pepsi and other stuff.. fully addicted, quitting was easy but sucked for the first week, nausea was the worst.

6. Crazzy_Al

Crazzy_Al New Member

I get MUCH less than 5 hours a sleep most nights, but I do eat well. I drink a pot (10 cups...that's 60oz in terms of coffee cups) of coffee a day. :(

7. Knucklehead Zoo

Knucklehead Zoo New Member

I have about a 3 shot espresso latte a day. If I go a day without one I without fail get withdrawl headaches :(

8. [][][]

[][][] what makes you think i wont cut you

i heard if you drink alcohol in large quantities, its good to drink coffee cuz it decreases lung damage by 20% or some shit like that

9. erok81

erok81 All your canyons are belong to me!!

Probably a pot or two over the course of a day.

10. Crazzy_Al

Crazzy_Al New Member

You too, huh? :ugh:

11. hondapower

hondapower New Member

lung damage, huh?

12. qwop

qwop underground pirate OT Supporter

A piece from the Guardian newspaper discussed coffee and its benefits/shortfalls earlier this week - http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,,1796890,00.html - obviously not all of these are relevant to weightloss and/or lifting but the info may be of some use to you. :)

Benefits: This week, a US research team reported that two or three cups of coffee a day make you 40% less susceptible to cirrhosis of the liver; four or more cups make you 80% less susceptible. Other recent research has shown that drinking coffee also reduces the risk of colorectal cancer, Parkinson's disease, asthma and gallstones. A much-disputed Harvard School of Public Health report even argued that women drinking two or more cups a day were 65% less likely to commit suicide. Coffee lovers also claim that it stimulates you mentally (undisputed), boosts athletic performance and increases stamina (less clear cut), improves your motivation and sense of wellbeing, reduces the risk of heart disease (especially among post-menopausal women), reduces the risk of liver and other cancers, relieves headaches, combats depression and reduces the risk of diabetes.

Downsides: Unfortunately, there are potential downsides. Coffee can cause anxiety and sleeplessness, induce headaches if you stop drinking it (because of caffeine deprivation), worsen irritable bowel syndrome, increase cholesterol levels, cause rapid and irregular heartbeat, raise blood pressure, increase breast cysts in women, reduce calcium levels, increase hypertension, and make it less likely that you will get pregnant. There are also indications that excessive caffeine can heighten the risk of miscarriage and rheumatoid arthritis.

13. AaronOC

AaronOC Guest

:rofl:

14. buninader

buninader SMILE!!! I just got ******!!!

so in, i work at in n out, and i couldn't function without at least 2 cups before work

15. [][][]

[][][] what makes you think i wont cut you

:rofl: liver damage

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.