Codec on Windows Media Player help!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Sexican, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Sexican

Sexican New Member

So, I downloaded the new WMP 10, however, it won't let me view some mpeg files. I sent the same files I'm trying to view to like 5 of my friends, and they can view them all fine. I went to the Windows site to downloaded the "codec pack" which I'm assuming is what I need to do. It said to enter a 25 digit key from my COA...which I don't seem to have anymore. There MUST be another way to get the codec, isn't there? All I wanna do is watch my movies!

2. Sexican

Sexican New Member

You've encountered error message C00D10D1 while using Windows Media Player. The following information might help you troubleshoot the issue.

Codec is missing

Windows Media Player cannot play the file (or cannot play either the audio or video portion of the file) because a required codec is not installed on your computer.

The missing codec might be available to download from the Internet. To search for the codec, go to the WMPlugins.com Web site.

There's the message I am getting, when I try and load the video, it says "You are missing codec" or something...I click "Web Help" and it brings me there.

3. Sexican

Sexican New Member

bump for sanity's sake.

4. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

Run a google search for the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack. It should have every codec you should ever need. It also comes with an older version of Media Player Classic that will play almost anything.

You can also look for a program (I foget the name) which can tell you what codec movie files use.

5. Yep

Yep Knick knack paddy whack, give the old dog a bone

Ace Mega Codecs is another option.

6. FusionZ06

FusionZ06 /\__/\__/\__0>

K-Lite Codec Package

Google it