Cocktail Attire Recommended?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Psyc0, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Psyc0

Psyc0 TTKA

Like a million threads in here recently, it does pertain to a NYE party. I'm going to a club in SF and the dress code says its "cocktail attire recommended". My problem? I have no idea what that even means. :squint: Yes I'm pretty bad in the style department, I do have my share of nice button up shirts, polos, shoes, etc. but I generally don't dress up much more than some nice jeans and a button up for when I go to Vegas.

I'm hearing that cocktail attire is generally a dark suit, etc. but the only one I have is black and too formal for the event I'm going to I'd have to guess. I'm at a loss for what to wear to something like this. What would TSL wear? and no chewy suit posted in other threads :squint: lol I'm not entirely against going out and buying something if need be.

2. dtsupra

dtsupra New Member

how about some slacks + shirt + vest ?

or just go out and buy a slim one button suit..

3. Psyc0

Psyc0 TTKA

If a suit fit off the rack I'd go buy one, its a little late now to have something tailored at this point though. I'm a 44R jacket with 33 waist, most suits don't drop like that. Although vest may work, I've never actually worn one