'cock blocks'...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by timberwolf, Apr 12, 2006.

1. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Would you say that the friends who 'cock block' their girlfriends at a club do so because they're looking out for their friend (think the guy is wrong for one reason or another) or simply because they themselves aren't getting any desired attention and motivated by jealousy and are 'hating'?
    Simply put...is it really out of concern or are they being selfish?

What would you say is the actual reason the majority of times?

Wondering about women's perspective on this in particular...

2. Vailripper

Vailripper Daywalkers have feelings too.

I've always wondered this as well. Personally I think it depends on the situation, but for the most part its jealousy ;)

3. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Let's assume the 'cock block' is single.

Its true though that some women may have strong maternal feelings. Its also true that some have also have some latent bisexual feelings too I guess.

4. Foo Lyn Roo

Foo Lyn Roo New Member

a little bit of both.

5. 93ex

93ex New Member

Shouldnt both parties be single?

6. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

There are three parties (at least) in a cock block, he's saying lets assume all 3 are single.

I too think it'd usually be from jealousy.

7. notsousual

notsousual New Member

There's a little bit of jealousy there (why can't guys throw themselves at me) and whatnot, but for the most part it's protection. I would never shoo a hot guy away from one of my girls because he didn't like me better, that's just stupid. But that's also just me.

8. NCS

NCS Active Member

its either jealousy or the cock-blocker doesnt want to feel alone/bored while her friend is having too good a time. a good wingman can take care of any cockblocking. RED TEAM GO

9. lauren

lauren Active Member

i think it mostly stems from good intentions (even if unwarented) rather than jelousy.

lots of girls have a real 'budy' mentality when out clubbing... and its a matter of safety. get her number, and pick things up the next day or something.

10. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Exactly that's what I meant... everyone being single that is...

11. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

It's because when you approached the group, you immediately went for the hot chick. Next time, engage everyone *except* your target to disarm them. They will finally be thrilled that someone is hitting on them instead of the hot friend. After a few minutes of ignoring the hot friend and giving her crap for trying to get invovled in the convo, slowly let her in and make her work for your attention. Then ask the other chicks (after a while) if you can take her aside for a minute. Now the cock blocks are all on your side.

12. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

13. Zaffir

Zaffir OT Supporter

:werd: a good wingman is priceless.

14. qmudd

qmudd New Member

i hate those bitches

15. tamiyaDrifter

tamiyaDrifter Lurker

Wingman apparently FTW..

Unfortunately when my mate is hooking up with a hot girl right next to me, I can't help but feel a little left out when the girl's friend is fat, ugly, the complete opposite of what i go for, and she only goes for prettyboys ( :ugh: )
    I wasn't into either of the girls but I was getting extremely jealous..

Go for a group of decent looking girls there should be no problems with cockblockers if you have a wingman and you both don't want to go for the same girl :o

16. Epiphany

Epiphany 78% of all statistics are made up on the spot

It depends on the situation but for me... if any guy I think is hot hits on my friend... that pretty much sums it up for me. It's not worth my time. Why would I go for a guy who likes someone else?

For me I'm not a girl that likes to get hit on at bars no matter what the deal is or how cute the guy is. Everyone knows I have a low comfort level with strange people trying to get personal. All my friends and family know that if a guy hits on me I'm not interested so please don't encourage the behavior... Hence... they step in ;)

I know this is also the case if some women are out. Maybe they do pick guys up but they aren't interested in the person that is trying.

17. Replicant

Replicant New Member

^

18. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

That's a good approach and all... but could so easily backfire.
    Now hot chick may have thought you were cute... but getting on her case about butting into the convo turns her off entirely. Hot chick starts looking around while you're deep in conversation and does see someone else even cuter. Oh well, while you had potential, she's just happy that her fat friend bertha will finally hook up with someone. She thinks maybe this new guy she'll now pick up will go on a double with bertha and you.;)

19. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

Nope. The hot chick is so used to getting all the attention she is thinking "What is up with this guy". Attraction switches start to go off. She starts doing stuff to get your attention, and you are in.

20. DjMystery28

DjMystery28 New Member

Theres two parts to this. The first thing you have to realize is that girls come in packs, so the best thing to do is ask them a question that gets all the girls into the conversation. You need to win all the girls over before you can take your target off and way to talk. If one girl doesnt like you she will convince the rest of her friends that your not worth it. Then if you have a wingman you can use him to keep the rest of the girls busy while you take your target and get a little more personal.

21. matix112305

matix112305 Resident Freebord Groupie

i know when i was single and went to a club with some friends and i know a guy likes me and i'm not interested, i would ask a friend to cock block for me... girls are bitches sometimes... it might be out of jealously also... cuz girls are kinda shadey as well... :dunno: