MIL Coast Guard Bootcamp

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by USMC7684, Apr 9, 2007.

1. USMC7684

USMC7684 OT Supporter

I have a family member who was recently kicked out of Coast Guard bootcamp. He's telling everyone it's becasue he recieved a ticket for underage drinking that he never told them about, and they ran a background check on him at bootcamp and found it. I don't know about the Coast Guard, but I know when I joined the Marines the only background check they performed was when I first joined, if you got arrested in between when you joined and when you left for bootcamp, the only way they would find out is if you tell them.

To me it sounds like he failed his drug test upon arrival at bootcamp, but I'm not sure. I doubt even if they did find out about the ticket that it would be grounds for discharge.

Any Coast Guard out there have some insight on this?

2. JSin

JSin New Member

Why does it matter? You want to bust his balls?

3. USMC7684

USMC7684 OT Supporter

I just want to know the truth, I hate when people fuck up and get kicked out of the military, then they make up some gay reason why it happened. Half of my family is now complaining about how they over reacted and how stupid the coast guards policies are, and I would prefer they not bash the coast guard for no reason.

4. USMC7684

USMC7684 OT Supporter

Yea thats what I figured, CG bootcamp is around seven weeks? long right. I'll have to find out when he shipped because they're being very secretive about how long he was there.

5. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

We had a guy in AF basic who was arrested because there was a warrant out on him.

6. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

We also had some guys leave a few days after the piss test in basic. The AF was only 6 weeks long...